Ninjato» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gijon-Samurai and running out of Dojo Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amabaku Amabaku
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
So first play last night (enjoyed it a lot), but we had a situation we where curious if we resolved properly.

I was invading a home and had an alarm that resulted in the Gijon-Samurai elite guard. However I only had 1 dojo card left at that time. Is that an automatic failure? I was invading by stealth and my card was under both stealth values but the rules said I needed to defeat the elite guard with 2 cards.

We ruled my invasion a failure and that i was just unlucky but I was curious what others have done with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amabaku wrote:
So first play last night (enjoyed it a lot), but we had a situation we where curious if we resolved properly.

I was invading a home and had an alarm that resulted in the Gijon-Samurai elite guard. However I only had 1 dojo card left at that time. Is that an automatic failure? I was invading by stealth and my card was under both stealth values but the rules said I needed to defeat the elite guard with 2 cards.

We ruled my invasion a failure and that i was just unlucky but I was curious what others have done with this?

You played correctly. The double elite guard is in effect two different guards on a single card and you need to defeat them separately (by playing a different card for each one of them - so you need at least two cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.