Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone point to a source for the blown-up images of the Shattered Ascension maps that used to be found on ti3wiki?

Cheers,
Vandervecken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
I reconstructed the Shattered Ascension Ultimatem map from the crappy low res image in the pdf. I took a high res picture of it and uploaded it yesterday, you can find it in the images from Shattered Empire and in this post. It's not the most beautiful picture ever but it should get the job done.

Would be awesome though if anybody still has those high res files that used to be on TI3wiki and could post them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mykel McCarthy
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
I have the maps, but I've subsequently added in Shards of the Throne systems to them, so they aren't like in the pdf. If you want the tiles in order to recreate them yourself, you'd just need to plop these into GIMP or Photoshop and arrange accordingly:

http://www.simonkamber.dk/ti3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15

I've also created two SA 6-player maps very much like PsiComa's if you'd like to check them out:

http://www.simonkamber.dk/ti3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47
http://www.simonkamber.dk/ti3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Ultimatum map.
And thanks for the pointer to the system tile scans, but I'm mostly looking for larger (read less blurry) pictures of the SA maps themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used those files to create a better one if anyones interested in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cohen
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
Can you do the others too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about doing others but it depends on how bored I get, no guarantees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone runs across this thread in the future. The maps are actually all hosted in high enough resolution on the Shattered Ascension website now. http://www.astralvault.net/games/SA/maps.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Thibault
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do these include Shards systems?

Also, how well do they work without using SA rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnY C
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Please note that more high quality maps are in the making and being playtested these days. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnY C
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
astralarchivist wrote:

Also, how well do they work without using SA rules?

As long as you allow Artifacts to reside in space, nebulas and such, you can use these maps together with the original rules. The bidding system, however, is recommended to remove as much luck as possible in the start-up (considering that some locations may favor certain races a tad bit). If you want a truly fair game start-up, you could use the initiation rules from SA and proceed with the vanilla rules if you prefer that.

Quote:

The new, upcoming maps include systems from Shards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Psi, how come only one 6 player map on astralvault site? Well, 2, but one of them is symetrical HS placement. Seems like you'd want a lot of those, just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnY C
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
It's just because time and resources are scarce these days, and the little time I have for ti3 has been spent on other things, like graphical work on SA game components, etc.

I uploaded another 6-player map now, called Terminus. Again, due to lack of time, it's still just a photograph (we prefer to construct them physically). I'll recreate them graphically later.
Yeah, we need more 6-player maps, but it feels like 4-5 player maps are more used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnnY C
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Graphics updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.