Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In our game a ship was able to warp off the board with major critical damage but not crippled.
1 Is it assumed that if you escape you are able to bring all criticals under control?
As an experiment we rolled for his escalating criticals after escape and he would have been destroyed.
2 What happens if the ship gets critical damage or Dilithium Chamber hit 5-6 before the end phase? We allowed him to escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Maynard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted your questions on the ADB board and received the following replies (take particular note of those from Tony L. Thomas as he is ADB's designated department head for ACTA:SF):

Terry O'Carroll wrote:
1. My understanding (not official) is that once you leave the map, you don't roll any more for escalating crits.
2. If he blows up before the end phase, he's dead. Not safe until he leaves the map.

Tony L Thomas wrote:
1) Just like in SFB / Fed Comm; once you leave the map, you have left the game. If you exit on an unauthorized map edge the results are spelled out in the specific scenario victory conditions. If you exit from a valid map edge, you are no longer in the battle and since you do not have to fight to survive, you have the time / breathign room neededto bring critical damage under control.

2) Since the end phase is handled in three steps:
Damage Control
Compulsory Movement
Check Escalation
and in that order, here's my take on it:
A Dilithium critical hit of 6 blows up immediately. Ka-BOOM! You're gone.
A Diltihium critical hit of 5 rolls for explosion at the end ofhte End Phase.
I would think that the Maximum Warp Now! would count as compulsary movement, meaning you're off the map and safe before "Check Escalation" and beforethe Critical hit #5 "Roll at end of End Phase"

Iain McGhee wrote:
I'd agree with most of Tony's take on this, except that if your ship declared Maximum Warp Now and then was crippled or suffered criticals which disallowed you from performing this SA it would be cancelled immediately after the ship that caused it had finished firing at it.

Same goes for any SA if you take damage which would void it (such as a reaching a crew critical score of 4+). All effects are immediately cancelled, for good or ill. At least that's how previous incarnations of ACTA have handled it.

Dal Downing wrote:
Under the Critical Hit Section of the rule book it states that you take the effects of the critical hit at the time you take them only the escalation check is put off to the end phase. Further more it states if you take a critical hit that voids a special action the special action fails at that point.

So if you are not crippled and have not taken a 5th dilethium hit then in the compulsory movement step of the end phase you have completed a tatical withdraw and do not need to role for escalation.

Tony L Thomas wrote:
Iain is correct.
I missed that little bit.
If you've declared Maximum Warp Now! and then take a 5th Dilithium Chamber critical hit, you are no longer eligile to use that Special Action and is would be cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.