Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I know someone who is obsessed with Pinocchio. Does anyone have access to interesting Pinocchio dolls, ornaments, or similar artifacts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw a Pinocchio ornament at Fireworks the other day… (art-ish type stores in the Seattle area). Alas, I don't see it on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, stay away from the movie remake (with Roberto Benigni).
I adore his early work, and Life is Beautiful was deserving of its Ocsar win, but that Pinocchio movie is really bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:

I know someone who is obsessed with Pinocchio. Does anyone have access to interesting Pinocchio dolls, ornaments, or similar artifacts?

Whatever you do, don't buy the original book by Collodi. Even in the original Italian, it's awful-- one long diatribe summed up as "You rotten little boy, how could you do that to your poor Daddy?" interspersed with brief episodes that make no sense but act as a vehicle for said diatribe over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

Whatever you do, don't buy the original book by Collodi. Even in the original Italian, it's awful-- one long diatribe summed up as "You rotten little boy, how could you do that to your poor Daddy?" interspersed with brief episodes that make no sense but act as a vehicle for said diatribe over and over again.

laugh laugh laugh thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
whac3 wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

!!

Ah, Moshe, when you're wrong, you're really, really wrong! Collodi's book is amazing.

The weasels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Etsy has a bunch of cool Pinocchio stuff. I might have to get somethin', here...

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=pinocch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
whac3 wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:

!!

Ah, Moshe, when you're wrong, you're really, really wrong! Collodi's book is amazing.

The weasels!

azamingly awful. My wife who doesn't read Italian thought maybe it was a bad translation; I assured her not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have to bittorrent this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.