Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This is one of the games I asked for as a Christmas gift. I should have read all the comments about problems with rules and chits first. Is this game really messed up or do the comments in here make it sound worse than it actually is? Did I make a big mistake by putting this on my Christmas list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a real shame, because when the game gets up and running I really enjoy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:
Wow. This is one of the games I asked for as a Christmas gift. I should have read all the comments about problems with rules and chits first. Is this game really messed up or do the comments in here make it sound worse than it actually is? Did I make a big mistake by putting this on my Christmas list?

I think the game is still playable. Read through the forum posts and read the rules a few times, maybe play a practice game. It takes some more work than other games but if you're up for it then you should see how the game was probably intended to work, and make whatever adjustments you need from there.

I still have yet to actually play full game of this but, I fully intend to at some point and report back.

The sad part is, there are so many other great games out there and this one seems like it could be fun but with the issues it's easy to leave it on the wayside while you play games that are more clear and have less (or no) issues.

I actually played one game with my wife and it seems that if you read the summary sheet and ignore the icons on the tiles everything works out pretty smoothly. Based on one game, I don't think this will ever be one of my favorites. But it's decent. maybe I will like it better after a few more plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.