Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barrie Voice
United Kingdom
Letchworth Garden City
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
In my current game I am fighting a Fire Dragon which has damaged me for 9 fire damage.

I used my Utem Swordsmen to block 3 of that (using their Block 6 ability halved for not having fire resistance). This leaves 6 damage to assign to myself.

My armour value is 4. Is this halved becase of the Dragon's fire damage or is the fire effect only used in the blocking phase.

So to continue my example, do I take 2 wounds (6/4=1.5 rounded up to 2) or do I take 3 wounds (6/2=3)

Cheers

Barrie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no "partial" block.
Either you block all or absorb all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee is right. Whether you use the Utem Swordsman or not makes no difference. You are taking 9 damage unless you block the Dragon completely. However, your armor isn't halved. So you would take 4 (wound) + 4 (wound) + 1 (wound).

Of course, there might be better ways to block/assign damage/etc. based on your situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Barrie Voice wrote:
In my current game I am fighting a Fire Dragon which has damaged me for 9 fire damage.

I used my Utem Swordsmen to block 3 of that (using their Block 6 ability halved for not having fire resistance). This leaves 6 damage to assign to myself.

My armour value is 4. Is this halved becase of the Dragon's fire damage or is the fire effect only used in the blocking phase.

So to continue my example, do I take 2 wounds (6/4=1.5 rounded up to 2) or do I take 3 wounds (6/2=3)

Cheers

Barrie

First, as Lee said, you have to block all or absorb all.

Physical blocks and fire blocks are only half effective.

To answer the rest of your question, lets assume there was an unblocked fire attack of 6 and you have an armor of 4. This will do 2 damage to you as the type of attack has no impact on assigning damage to you (unless you were resistant to fire, I don't know if there is a card somewhere in the game that would allow this)

I would reread the rules on blocking and assigning damage though. (note that this answer does not apply to Player vs Player combat, where you can partially block the attack.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrie Voice
United Kingdom
Letchworth Garden City
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the help guys, I had myself in a muddle over blocking and assigning damage. Think I've got it clear now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.