Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just waiting for wifwendell to appear here so we can express him our condolences for his late avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you need to say it three times?

World in Flames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
Just waiting for wifwendell to appear here so we can express him our condolences for his late avatar.

Condolences? Why? My only regret is that the bastard wasn't lynched. Decades ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Kim Jong-Il's puppet from Team America. The real Kim Jong-Il, not so much.

I think I will have to do a geeklist to explain the differences between moi, and Kim Jong-Il. I'm much taller, to start with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I think I will have to do a geeklist to explain the differences between moi, and Kim Jong-Il. I'm much taller, to start with.

Are you wooden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Another difference: you haven't set international fashion trends in sunglasses and raincoats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a geeklist, but not the one I promised.

Two Lives Shaped by Communism - Vaclav Havel and Kim Jong Il
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats! I was hoping this would be a thread about World in Flames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the geeklist I did promise: A BGG Guide to How I Am Different from Kim Jong Il.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warren Bruhn wrote:

OK, here is a WIF question. I started a game, final edition, no expansions, in cyberboard. Then later, I tried to transfer this to my physical set (I have deluxe FE but have only punched the basic counters). I noticed that a couple of German ship counters didn't match up between the physical set and the digital gamebox. Names, dates, and perhaps some factors were different. Light cruisers IIRC. Any body know if counters changed at some point with different printings, or is it just an error in the cyberboard files? I have I believe an early printing of final edition delude, with the old mech in flames sheet, not the revamped one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickgb wrote:
Warren Bruhn wrote:

OK, here is a WIF question. I started a game, final edition, no expansions, in cyberboard. Then later, I tried to transfer this to my physical set (I have deluxe FE but have only punched the basic counters). I noticed that a couple of German ship counters didn't match up between the physical set and the digital gamebox. Names, dates, and perhaps some factors were different. Light cruisers IIRC. Any body know if counters changed at some point with different printings, or is it just an error in the cyberboard files? I have I believe an early printing of final edition delude, with the old mech in flames sheet, not the revamped one.

Could be different counter sets. Google "Patrice Forno WIF" and you will find Patrice's outstanding WIF page. It includes list of all countersheets and I believe an excel sheet showing the complete history of each WIF counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H
United Kingdom
York
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Wiffe Deluxe came in the post last week (from Kansas no less!)
I am yet to punch the counters or read the rules though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Jurin
United States
Great Neck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take your time Django5! For those of us for whom World in Flames is central to our lives, savor the feeling of those early days of punching counters (mine are all worn even having bought counters many times) and the early plays!

Nick, counters have changed somewhat over the years. As Wendell said, you can look up the changes.

I hope you enjoy your WIFFE experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Blank
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will chalk it up to counter changes. My copy has the 1996 maps (1997 Africa/Asia minimaps), and the 1997 counters (for the classic countersheets), and the 1997 charts. I see on that French site that there were many later printings. Unfortunately, the zipped Word file that details the classic countersheet changes comes through corrupted when I download it, and the Excel file of all the counters is archived as a .rar file that I cannot extract. Well, I can always modify my cyberboard gamebox to match my set if I want to go back and forth. Or order new components.

I got this set a few years ago in the Origins consignment sale for $50. Great deal even if it was missing the rules and the scenario books, as I found those on line as well as the year 2000 charts. I have only every played a turn or two so far, but I still plan on continuing my game that was started in cyberboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindis wrote:
Don't you need to say it three times?

World in Flames!

Maybe he was in the dark, and didn't want Wendell to appear in the room!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.