Subject: Need Suggestions for Barbarossa 1941 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about marking the flags to identify the units they represent?
Also, does anyone know what the small powder puff like items in the box are for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The powder puff like items are to wipe the unit cards clean after you've written on them.
I myself am painting and basing the miniatures for the game, so I'm painting the flags as well: Soviet hammer and sickle on the front and a unit number on the back of the flag, same for the germans (though I use the white-and-black cross like on the chits in Axis & Allies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dep1047 wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about marking the flags to identify the units they represent?

I too am painting and basing my pieces, and also am painting the flags. I'm not going too fancy though. I paint the flag poles and staffs, and then am painting the German flags a blue-gray; the Russian flags red. I am currently trying to decide how to number the units, and I plan on numbering both sides of the flag with numbers as large as possible for ease of play.

I have some Flames of War number decales that I could use. I've seen pictures where someone simply used a sharpie marker, and I've thought of buying a P-Touch and using that, as I plan on building a lot of units for this game.

I will probably go to an online hobby store and order some decale sheets, which will probably give me the best look vs cost and ease of applying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Kleihege
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
We just marked it with the markers - put an unique number on them and you should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.markitdots.com/viewitem.asp?ID=128&Rtn=dots&Desc=...
Im also using these to update the cost value of the cards so I dont have to use errata

Also look for Flames of War decals to add some symbols to the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gerald the old master
msg tools
mb
Go to roundels wikapedia for identification markers or printableflags.com Copy them then reduce them to fit.As for the Nazi german flag just search for it and you can then copy it reduce it and mark all your pieces.It's all out thre for free if you search and print.Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the old master wrote:
Go to roundels wikapedia for identification markers or printableflags.com Copy them then reduce them to fit.As for the Nazi german flag just search for it and you can then copy it reduce it and mark all your pieces.It's all out thre for free if you search and print.Good luck.

That's a damn good idea, wish I'd taken my time a little more before going P-Touch over a solid color field!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.