Hide
5 Posts

Laser Chess» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Making my Pharaoh save. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
msg tools
Can I make my Pharaoh absolutely save by doing this?

---------------------------------------------
|\______|_______|
|___\___|_______|
|Pyr.___\|_______|
|Pharaoh|\______|
|_______|___\___|
|_______|Scar.__\|
|_______|Scar.__/|
|_______|___/___|
|_______|/______|
|Pyr.___/|_______|
|___/___|_______|
|/______|_______|

Use the left(right) most column to avoid your opponent use Scarab to switch with the Pyramid. Since the laser coming from outside cannot go inside of this triangle and your opponent can't move the pieces against your will (Scarab can't switch with Pharaoh or Scarab.), the Pharaoh seems to be absolutely save. Do I misunderstand some rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the Scarab could still move the Pyramids to open that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
msg tools
But the problem is that is the pyramids and the pharaoh are on the column of my color.(Ex. I use red pieces and They are on the blocks of red Eye of Horus.) In this case can my opponent switch the scarab with my Pyramid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks to me like you're going to end up smoking one of your own pieces on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mason
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strictly speaking, yes I think this position is completely safe. To break it down further, if you're in your "home" column (far right), you only need the one pyramid closest to your laser; the far side cannot be exploited by their pieces. In fact, that own-laser protecting pyramid can be anywhere in that column as it can't be hit from the back side and can't be swapped out (in your home column).

-------------
|_____|_____|
|_____|_____|
|_____|_____|
-------------
|____/|_____|
|__/__|_____|
|/Scar|_____|
-------------
|\Scar|_____|
|__\__|Pha__|
|____\|_____|
-------------
|_____|_____|
|_____|_____|
|_____|_____|
-------------
|_____|\Pyr_|
|_____|__\__|
|_____|____\|
-------------
|_____|__/\_|
|_____|Laser|
-------------

Main challenge is getting to this position. I imagine once you get there though, it's either a complete slog with your opponent trying to cover every path inside (eventually you need to move something!) or your opponent concedes from boredom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.