Subject: Deep Shadows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Tundle heard them coming, they were a great distance away but, still, he heard them, the Shadow Elves.
"Sir, they have breached through our defenses!"
"No..." Tundle knew he needed more time, his magic was not strong enough, he needed just a bit more. Coldly, he turned towards the lowly miner before him.
"Tell me, lad, are you willing to give your life for the Father Gem and the glory of the Deep Dwarves?"
"From the moment I first struck with my pick axe to build my first tunnel" Replied the miner, knowing fully well what Tundle was about to do; he had done it dozens of times.
"Then you will die a hero!" Tundle reached out with his hand, and started draining the life essence of the miner, turning it into magic. In mere seconds, the miner was gone and Tundle felt new power coursing through his veins.
"A splendid display of worthy sacrifice" Said the gem mage, watching from the shadows.
"It’s not wise to eavesdrop, and it is even less wiser to stand in shadows knowing fully well the foe we now face" Said Tundle, amused. "Are you ready to move?"
The gem mage did not reply with words, but with the sound of his nimble feet, moving down the tunnel just outside the chamber.
"Good" Said Tundle "Let us hope Quirzlwyrm favors Kynder and the others".
"Indeed" said Lun, approaching from the south end "Otherwise, the council will have your head. Unless, 'it' gets it first."
"Your vague riddles and visions annoy me, 'it' will not get past the walls" said Tundle, with a shiver " 'it', better not."

Meanwhile, Selundar was watching dwarf after dwarf, falling before his Swordsmen. A wounded scholar reached, with a trembling hand, for his tome, as if the book of ancient records could do something to change the situation. Selundar took pity on the poor fool, ending his life with a movement so fast and graceful, that it seemed like a mere gesture.
"Look out!" shouted a ranger, for Selundar had failed to notice a tunnel recently opening to his side. Two dwarf miners came out running, one of them managed to tear a long gash across Selundar’s left arm.
"Damn you!" Selundar shouted as he swiftly dispatched the miner, while an arrow pierced the other dwarf. And in an instant, there was a beautiful elf crouching near the fallen miner, recovering her precious arrow.
"Sir, the scouts positioned at the south west have been killed" The ranger reported.
"Such sad news, but their sacrifice shall not be in vain; they have revealed the summoner’s position; the hydrake is on it’s way" Selundar waited patiently near the wall and could not help but admire the deep dwarves tenacity for placing such a structure, so near his own position "soon, it will be over."

A clash of metal! Sharp blade versus blunt steel. Xaserbane had made it deep into the deep dwarf caverns, and Kynder was the only thing keeping the lightning fast assasin from reaching Tundle.
Suddenly and silently, Xaserbane started zigzagging across the battered walls. "As if you take me for a common dwarf!" Kynder used his most ancient knowledge of gravitational pulling, lifting Xaserbane, effortlessly from the ground, pulling him in and smashing the assasin with his hammer, as if the elf was a mere plaything. Xaserbane’s limp figure fell down a chasm, his fate uncertain.
"Most impressive" Said Lun, as he approached the chasm "where is Sprog?"
"He just finished placing a wall across the eastern end" Said Kynder, wiping his brow with his blood splattered robe.
"A wise decision, surely, he would make a fine replacement for Tundle, that is, if something were to happen to him" Spoke Lun, peering into the depths of the chasm.
"Speak no more Lun, your clan knows better" Kynder replied with a frown "besides, with Sprog guarding the east exit, no ordinary foe will pass."
Just then, the entire wall was reduced to pebbles with a mighty explosion, as a beast of enormous violence and size made it’s way towards them.
"No ordinary foe indeed" came a voice just behind Lun "however, the hydrake is far from ordinary" Malidala, the shadow dancer, had been watching from the shadows all along.
"Lun, pull her out from the shadows!" at Kynder’s request, Lun concentrated on his ancient heirloom, the gem of calling.
"It’s not working" Said Lun, with a grave expression.
"As if you take me for a common elf" said Malidala, with a wicked smile.

Tundle paced back and forth, but his pacing was interrupted, as the hydrake crashed into the huge chamber, with Lun’s body hanging from one of it’s many heads. "'It'... has... arrived..." said Lun, as he fell from the beast's head, falling prone on the floor; he did not move after that.
Malidala stepped out form behind the Hydrake "I must admit the dwarf with the hammer was quite stubborn, but he fell down the same chasm he used to eliminate a good friend of mine, oh, the irony."
"Elf, I do not have enough magic to fight against that beast" said Tundle, feigning weakness "but I have more than enough for you!" As he said that, the summoner sent a wave of thunderous energy towards the shadow dancer, and even with her graceful moves, she could not escape the attack, falling limp against the hydrake. The beast, enraged, charged against Tundle, who was tackled against a wall, but not without channeling enough power to make one final summon, and with that final act, he shouted "father gem, awaken!"

Selundar could sense things were going in his favor, but a sudden movement caught his eye; a gem mage appeared next to the wall he was leaning on just a moment ago. "So, we have a visitor."
"Not a visitor, but two" said a second gem mage, who moved past the fallen body of a swordsman.
"Oh, I suppose you expect me to bring out an extra chair?" Said Selundar, confident in his ability to handle two adversaries.
"Make that two extra chairs" said the first gem mage, as a figure that looked exactly like an elven swordsman came out of thin air.
"You think that will be enou..." Selundar did not complete the remark, as he sensed a ripple across the entire area, and as he looked at the mages, their gems let out a cataclysmic discharge, Selundar let aout a defiant roar "nooooo!!!"

Tundle was under the claws of the Hydrake, and just as a toothy maw was about to close over his head, the beast banished; the summoner’s presence, that had kept it anchored to the location, was apparently no more.
"...those mages sure take their time..." was the last thing Tundle exclaimed, before bursting into maniacal laughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great writing and story and it sounds like a really close game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the report. I enjoy the narrative the game creates. Hopefully, Colby will come through the almanac. That would be a fun book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
downstream wrote:
Great writing and story and it sounds like a really close game as well.

Thanks; I know, it was a really close game, if that extra Gem Mage didn't appear during that last turn, Hydrake would have eaten poor Tundle for sure. I hate Hydrake, except when I'm using it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ronaldo wrote:
Thank you for the report. I enjoy the narrative the game creates. Hopefully, Colby will come through the almanac. That would be a fun book.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the game to create such stories; I keep thinking that Summoner Wars would be great as a comic book, or maybe an animated series. I don't know if it would be better as story by itself, or as some kind of competition thing like Yugioh or Pokemon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a great write up! Thank's for sharing. I look forward to reading more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
stormzbowler wrote:
Wow, what a great write up! Thank's for sharing. I look forward to reading more.

Thank you for reading, I have yet to play a match that doesn't end up being a great story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.