Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bloom
United States
Haughton
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a six person “dogfight” this weekend, three versus three since everyone was just learning the game. One of the Brits lined up to shoot a German, but another Brit was below him by 200 meters, fired and hit the German.

Since there is nothing in rules about having a friendly aircraft between you and an opponent, I'd like to add some risk or consequences for one’s action.

I was thinking that one would have to roll one dice; either a "1" or "2" and you hit your wingman. If you hit your wingman, then the normal two dice roll to see how much damage he took to include the possibility of Critical Hits as well...

Any thoughts?

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freebird52 wrote:
We played a six person “dogfight” this weekend, three versus three since everyone was just learning the game. One of the Brits lined up to shoot a German, but another Brit was below him by 200 meters, fired and hit the German.

Since there is nothing in rules about having a friendly aircraft between you and an opponent, I'd like to add some risk or consequences for one’s action.

I was thinking that one would have to roll one dice; either a "1" or "2" and you hit your wingman. If you hit your wingman, then the normal two dice roll to see how much damage he took to include the possibility of Critical Hits as well...

Any thoughts?

Andy

Big sky, small bullets. While I am sure it must have happened on occasion, I don't think friendly fire was a big concern. It was hard enough to hit a target you were aiming at without worrying about hitting somebody else completely at random. Remember that it's a dynamic, three-dimensional space and the planes are also much larger in size than scale. Just because it may look like your two planes were lined up, the reality would be that they almost certainly would not be.

Collisions were more of a danger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.