Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time you are in the grocery store, take a look at the Woman's World tabloid. There is a small board game article on page 40. I contributed to it - I had suggested 5 games, but the only one I have credit for is Forbidden Island. The other suggested games are 7 Wonders, Telestrations, The Logo Board Game, and Flippin' Out.

So, you can casually look through it, then show it to a non-gaming Woman, emphasizing the game of your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. What did you think about the article overall? I have done television and newspaper interviews before and I am always nervous about being misquoted. Actually, I know I will be misquoted somehow so I always hope for the least problematic results by carefully watching my words and not trying to provide an answer that is too nuanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up, Scott... but I'm pretty sure we all would have found this one anyway.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up, Scott... but I'm pretty sure we all would have found this one anyway.

robot

Yes, I imagine the "God Bless America" that runs right above the "Woman's World" title would draw everyone right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. What did you think about the article overall? I have done television and newspaper interviews before and I am always nervous about being misquoted. Actually, I know I will be misquoted somehow so I always hope for the least problematic results by carefully watching my words and not trying to provide an answer that is too nuanced.

Well, don't think "article". Think "buyer's guide". Big pictures, not too many words.

But hey, if it gets a few people looking at Forbidden Island, then my job is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
snicholson wrote:
So, you can casually look through it, then show it to a non-gaming Woman, emphasizing the game of your interest.

That would be really, really, REALLY weird. Just saying ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.