Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I just posted a video of game play in the BGG folder for PF.
A direct link here for those that are interested:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy yesterday, it looks exciting. Just flicking through the rulebook I like the extracts from the article that add to the flavour. Looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video, I might have to look into picking this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted this game on CSW a few days ago, looks interesting. Kev, how does it match up to Boots On The Ground? As you already know Boots plays ok solitaire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starlifter 88
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is timely. I have the game set up on my table for a first play through this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
I just got my copy yesterday, it looks exciting. Just flicking through the rulebook I like the extracts from the article that add to the flavour. Looking forward to playing it.

You can read the entire article online:

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA489647&Location=U...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gill
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Aaron,

Thanks for the link; I was wondering where this article was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Harkonnen13 wrote:
I spotted this game on CSW a few days ago, looks interesting. Kev, how does it match up to Boots On The Ground? As you already know Boots plays ok solitaire.

Very different. I'm literally posting as I play for this one so I have no complete assessment, nor a definitive feeling for the game. So far I would use words like: Interesting, exciting, tense, mildly frustrating (rules GROKing), flavorful, dreadful anticipation of each zone cleared Yaaaa hooo I cleared one....Oh shit, look at at the new suspects on the horizon I just generated)

The tension is much higher than BOtG.
The rules are more specific to this actual combat scenario, which may or may not limit replay value
The rules are very different - Intel /Fire/Move Assault/Reorg - thats fine, but its the doing that FEEL very different.
no hexes!
maps are different
much of what you need but not ALL of what you need is in the separate chart sheet....pet peev, if its a table I am going to refer to alot then stick it on a hand out.

I also think I would craft a little detailed sequence of play for the activation of zones, then suspects, then what happens with defensive fire versus sniper fire.
But as I said Its the end of the 2nd turn. I'm popping it up on Facebook in a minute.
A video will be forthcoming after I get back from some Face to Face gaming with big guns!!

Have fun.
images will be at http://www.facebook.com/TheBigBoardGaming and on the blog : www.meshtime.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.