Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: First thread ever - Eclipse to the general public rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Edwards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
This is my first post on BGG. I got into boardgaming a few years ago thanks to a great local group in the D/FW area and finally attended my first BGG con (I actually only attended one day and that was to work, but hey...). I am on board for next year!!! So, forgive me if I make any errors posting here.

I have been looking at the game Eclipse for some time now and I'm a bit confused. From my understanding there were only 450 copies for Essen this year. Does this mean that there are only going to be 450 copies period, or merely that the general public will have to wait longer to buy the game locally or import it. I ask this as I am not sure how game distribution works at Essen.

Thanks for all the help.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't comment on the size of the print run but it's recently made it to retailers and many pre-orders or lucky FLGS-goers already have it.

But most retailers are sold out, so it will be difficult to get. There is another print run planned which should be available around April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joe,
Welcome to BGG

There were 450 copies in Essen. This was a part of the first print run that was flown over to be there on time. The rest of the first print run came over on the slow boat from China and is just getting into people's hands now. You will have to fight to get a copy though because a lot of retailers seem to already have committed their allocations.
There will be a second print run, planned to arrive around March April [Sampo Mikko will probably pop up in a second and add detail].

So:
Plan A: Try desperately to get a copy now.
Plan B: Keep you eagle eyes on the second print run and reserve a copy at your favourite retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmb
Xanduur wrote:
This is my first post on BGG.

Congratulations. You now have your first thumbsup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:
Xanduur wrote:
This is my first post on BGG.

Congratulations. You now have your first thumbsup.

Damn! Too slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Edwards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I found a place in CA that has the game in stock, but they don't ship. shake If I cannot find it locally at my FLGS I'll just wait for the 2nd print run. Ack...now I need to add the cost of this game to my BGG Con tickets. I sense my wife's ire as I type this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The print run is several thousand copies.

The second print run won't be here before April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xanduur wrote:
Ack...now I need to add the cost of this game to my BGG Con tickets. I sense my wife's ire as I type this.

Yes, that's right. Just this one hit and you'll be fine. Inhale deeply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some retailers are still getting their stock in. My wife called Starlit Citadel (where I did my preorder) yesterday and was told they were getting theirs in today and were receiving enough for all preorders. Not sure how many they'll have left over after that.

So you can try to keep an eye out over the next couple days as the last retailers get their supply, but without a preorder it could be tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.