Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy today and was expecting it to be the FFG version. Got it from Cool Stuff inc. I don't know if I should be a little PO'd or not. I'm an FFG fan and would have rather had their edition. Any difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Grant Johnson did a very nice job answering your question.

Kudos to
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
!

2nd edition Review: A Side-by-Side Comparison

Edited to give proper credit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats not what I meant. I mean FFG 2nd edition vs Ares 2nd edition. I know FFG got a second edition because the web site shows it. I'm not interested in FFG first ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are mistaken. Ares is now the publisher. FFG doesn't have a 2nd Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Mohr
Germany
Leupoldsgrün
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I think you are mistaken. Ares is now the publisher. FFG doesn't have a 2nd Edition.

Brad is correct. FFG has no Second Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what do you think FFG did differently with the first edition from the general release that you are so disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:

Oh I see. I recalled months back that FFG posted they had a reprint coming up for it. I just assumed that what came out this December was that product. So it just surprised me today when I opened the shipment from Cool Stuff inc that it was not by FFG. So that lead me to believe there were two companies making 2nd editions, Ares and FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you should note that FFG didn't really 'make' the first one either. They distributed it. It was a game that fit their catalog and their standards, but not 'theirs' In the sense like runewars or TI3 or MEQ are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
I just got my copy today and was expecting it to be the FFG version. Got it from Cool Stuff inc. I don't know if I should be a little PO'd or not. I'm an FFG fan and would have rather had their edition. Any difference?

FFG only distributed (and sold though thier online store) the First Edition of War of the Ring.

Both editiones are designed by the same people (Roberto DiMeglio, Marco Maggi, and Francesco Nepitello).

The First Edition was made by the Italian company Nexus Games and the Second Edtion is made (and distributed world wide) by the Italian company Ares Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.