Hide
5 Posts

Ninja: Legend of the Scorpion Clan» Forums » Rules

Subject: suggested starting lion deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
msg tools
I played this game for the first time this weekend but ran into a problem i hope can be solved...

I was the lion clan and went with the suggested starter deck (with 2 kenjitsu cards).

This was the first play for the scorpion clan player as well, so naturally I found her ninja about 4 times. But since I had only 2 kenjitsu cards in my deck, I couldnt kill the ninja since it takes three attacks to kill it.

As I interpreted the rules, the only things that can harm the ninja or traitor are the kenjitsu cards, and the ninja/traitor can still acomplish their mission even when visable. So why would you not have at least 5 kenjitsu cards in any hand you choose to construct? It seems like the only way to stop them.

Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I have found that I prefer to draw into kenjutu cards.

If you found the ninja 4 times, then that's four turn of high alert, so I would think you would have drawn at least one more kenjutu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
maybe this is where i got hung up- here is how i understand the deck mechanics...

-select 24 to be in your "hand", the other 12 are your "deck"
-when the alert hits, you shuffle your hand, set it face down and draw from the top of your hand according to the alert level (0,1,2, or 3)
-play as many of those cards as you wish (one per sentry/patrol), then put the rest into your hand

If im supposed to be drawing from the deck and not the hand, that would make much more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always keep your hand as your hand. When there is an alert, you shuffle your discard pile into your deck, draw from that, play as many of those as you want, and add the remainder to your hand.

I have a hunch this might dramatically change the outcome for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
indeed! cant wait for a rematch now! thank you for you prompt replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.