Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be completely obvious but if it isn't please feel free to correct me.

Rules v1.1

[12.2] Each hex may only have one Battle fought there per Player Turn

3. Attacker Retreat Option...
...Additional units that did not take part in the Battle may still move into the Battle hex, but the units that took part in the Battle may not move out.

So my questions are:

a) Can i move reinforcements into a Battle hex during the retreat phase from adjacent hexes (e.g. a fully loaded frigate) if i think that things are going against me because of some poor dice rolls? These units will then be elligible to join in during the next Battle round.

b) If i can carry out a) and my units have Artillery present, can they carry out a Pre-Battle Fire Segment (Rule [12.3] 0.)?

My reasoning is YES to a) but NO to b), since the battle has already started when fresh Artillery arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Morrison
United States
Lumberton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
No - You cannot move reinforcements into a Battle hex once the battle has already started. You don't set all of your battles up and then fight them all at once. Battles are sequential. So if you are fighting in Hex A and want to retreat into Hex B, then:

a. one of your units would have had to come FROM Hex B to retreat back there (ie it would have to be a hex that did not have enemy units in it)
b. there can't be another battle underway in Hex B. The only Battle currently being fought is in Hex A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Peter. Very clear to me now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.