Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting to see 4 of each tile after punching and doing a piece check 4x24=96 however that is not what I got. I have a bunch of 3 and 5 tile stacks. I'm assuming since I see no other threads this is expected and I am missing a tile breakdown somewhere in the rules but for the life of me I can't find it.

So does anyone have a breakdown of the tiles / quantity?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
mbmbmbmbmb
Number & distribution of tech tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dspezzano wrote:
I was expecting to see 4 of each tile after punching and doing a piece check 4x24=96 however that is not what I got. I have a bunch of 3 and 5 tile stacks. I'm assuming since I see no other threads this is expected and I am missing a tile breakdown somewhere in the rules but for the life of me I can't find it.

So does anyone have a breakdown of the tiles / quantity?

Thanks

This reminds me: You should be pulling out all the Starbases for the first game where you only play humans. Gotta remember that for my 2rd intro game! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Diachuk
msg tools
mbmbmb
SpaceLordOO wrote:

This reminds me: You should be pulling out all the Starbases for the first game where you only play humans. Gotta remember that for my 2rd intro game! whistle

I don't think that's required. In fact, it makes things more interesting if you don't take them out, since then if they do come up they're effectively "null" technology draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spezzano
United States
Geneva
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pawndawan wrote:

Thanks not sure how I missed that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taggedjc wrote:
SpaceLordOO wrote:

I don't think that's required. In fact, it makes things more interesting if you don't take them out, since then if they do come up they're effectively "null" technology draws.
This. You're not supposed to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Burns
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taggedjc wrote:
SpaceLordOO wrote:

It's lots of fun to draw several technologies that *must* be ignored, wee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Diachuk
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, consider the case where you draw four tiles in a two-player game. If three of those tiles are Starbases and one is Quantum Grid (and Quantum Grid isn't already available), then only one player will be able to research that Quantum Grid this round.

If two Quantum Grid technologies are drawn, then both players could get it.

Keeping the Starbases in the bag will make it more likely for the former case than the latter, and I think the former case is more interesting - only letting certain players get certain technologies is part of the point of having the technologies come out slowly as the game progresses.

Considering that in a three-player or more game, you can never draw all Starbase technologies in one go (and in a two-player game it's exceptionally unlikely), you'll still always get at least a few technologies that can be researched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tonini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jotora wrote:
taggedjc wrote:
SpaceLordOO wrote:

This. You're not supposed to do that.

we have houseruled that any tech in excess of the number of players, or starbases in a full human game are discarded and another tech extracted: we don't like things that slow down development.

Shard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play with fewer players, you are already drawing more new tiles per player (in a 2-player game, you draw two tiles per player, in a 6-player game, you draw 1.5 tiles per player). This already compensates a bit for the fact that there are more 'superfluous' tiles in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.