Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to play MoM yet, but I'm excited to soon. I've been through the manual a couple times and while I noticed that the Keeper has a hand limit (4 Mythos and 4 Trauma cards), I didn't notice anywhere if the Investigators have any such restrictions on the amount of equipment they can carry (e.g. can an investigator carry multiple ranged weapons?).

I get the sense that they have no such restrictions, but after playing so much Last Night on Earth, this idea seems very foreign to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, there is no limit for the amount of exploration cards an investigator can carry. This includes all keys, tomes/spells, clues and weopons (and everything else they can store) This doesn't count Trauma cards though, an investigator can only have 1 of each (mental and physical) applied to them at one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
One of the Trauma cards (Back Injury) does impose a limit on the victim, but there is no limit by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! That was as I thought. I'm assuming because you seed the board with particular cards beforehand, there simply isn't too many items for the investigators to pick up and get overwhelmed by?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Twitch_City wrote:
Thanks for the replies! That was as I thought. I'm assuming because you seed the board with particular cards beforehand, there simply isn't too many items for the investigators to pick up and get overwhelmed by?

Pretty much, though the real limiting factor is less the number of items in play and more the fact that each Investigator can only Explore once per turn. Also, even with a lot of items, the game doesn't get bogged down because most items take an Action to use and very few have ongoing static effects, which means an Investigator with twenty items still won't be doing much more on their turn than an Investigator with two items
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a houserule which limits investigators to carrying maximum of 4 physical items. And if they're 4 - then he can't run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:
I use a houserule which limits investigators to carrying maximum of 4 physical items. And if they're 4 - then he can't run.

This seems a bit harsh honestly. Especially for an usually already harsh game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
TrueLolzor wrote:

This seems a bit harsh honestly. Especially for an usually already harsh game.
Note - spells, allies, clues does not count against the inventory limit. And it makes people think, not just rush from room to room, grabbing everything on their way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.