Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Bedding cards question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

What does happen if there is no more bedding card left to take? We put counters on cards? I found it really strange that there was only 5 cards like that in the game.

tx !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you are referring to begging cards.

If you ever run out of begging cards, just record down the negative VPs somewhere. There is no limit on the number of begging cards a player may receive during a game. However, once you get the hang of the game, it will be rather rare that all 5 begging cards are required in a typical game. Our Agricola games seldom require them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Begging cards do not have component limitations, so whip up some proxy tokens to represent more. Though I must say I've never seen them used up in any game I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, the only things which are piece-limited in that game are each players' individual components (people, fences, houses). Everything else is unlimited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to take that many begging cards, you should probably just start over gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or wonder who cheated multiple Mendicants into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought bedding cards only came into play when someone has the Oldest Occupation. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it this way:

Everyone gets one begging card.

If you need to take a begging card during play, you put the number of food tokens needed on the card.

At the end of the game, you count the number of food begged for and multiply it by 3 to get your penalty.

Doesn't happen that often but that's how we roll.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.