Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been removing the interactive skills during solo setup as described in the rules. Should the motivation skills be removed too? I'm not sure whether it's intended to get the full (lowest fame) effect of motivation in a solo game. If you can never get the full effect, is the motivation skill weak enough that it should be removed from a solo game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not been using this in solo play. Not because it says this anywhere in the rules (as far as I know) but because in the "Scoring" section in the "Solo Conquest" scenario it says "no titles are awarded" during scoring. So...I don't count "greatest or least" fame during the game, either.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use it in solo , i cant decide though if i must take the 2nd benefit, but i think you should take it, there is no meaning not to use it because anyway in a 2 player game lets say you are always 1st in fame so isnt it the same??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use it but don't give myself the second advantage. It's still worth using, has really proved helpful in getting enough muster to nail cities and also one particularly rough Ruin at a very early stage of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Came here looking for clarification as well. Seems to be a personal choice for everyone. My first instinct was taking the crystal was wrong so I will play without that aspect as well like most of you. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baggett
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
I take the crystal 50% of the times I use the skill. This seems fair to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
baggett67 wrote:
I take the crystal 50% of the times I use the skill. This seems fair to me.

Check the official FAQ. I just updated it. You get the mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love BGG. In the middle of a solo game right now, and a quick rules search reveals the answer I need! Cheers, Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
Wow, I've been playing that you don't get the mana in solo. I still thought the two cards were sometimes worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a token rather than a crystal of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makoto Nanaya
msg tools
Can someone please clarify: "You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next round."

Does this mean, if you have one other motivation skill (like if your character is Norowas and you have Norowas' motivation skill token, but you also picked up Tovak's dummy player skill token from the common offer), then you could - in theory - use Norowas' motivation skill on one turn (at any point) and then use Tovak's motivation skill at the end of your next turn.

Is this correct?

If so, how exactly does "end of next turn" affect WHEN you play the two bonus cards? Do you add those two cards to your next hand of cards (giving you two extra cards on top of your hand limit)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use a motivation skill at any player turn. So that sentence just means you can't use two motivation in a row, without taking a turn in between. If you've used a motivation skill, you have to wait until the end of your turn to use another one.
Makoto_Nanaya wrote:
Does this mean, if you have one other motivation skill (like if your character is Norowas and you have Norowas' motivation skill token, but you also picked up Tovak's dummy player skill token from the common offer), then you could - in theory - use Norowas' motivation skill on one turn (at any point) and then use Tovak's motivation skill at the end of your next turn.
You could use Tovak's while doing the end-of-turn sequence of that turn. Usually you'll wait until before/during the next turn.

Makoto_Nanaya wrote:
If so, how exactly does "end of next turn" affect WHEN you play the two bonus cards? Do you add those two cards to your next hand of cards (giving you two extra cards on top of your hand limit)?
You'll have more cards than your hand limit. Hand limit is an unfortunate naming, since you can have more cards in several situations. For instance, you may receive lots of wounds and start the turn with more cards than your hand limit. Or you can end your turn (and, then, start the next turn) with more cards than your hand limit. You usually have more cards than your hand limit when using Sparing Power.

(Modified) hand limit just means that when you have to draw cards at the end of turn, if you have less cards than that number, draw up to your hand limit. But it doesn't limit the number of cards you can have, which is unlimited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.