Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Cleveland
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I've been passionate about board games for my whole life. I've been fortunate enough to transition my passion into a career making video games. I just love everything about games! I just stumbled across Stop Thief on someone's shelf and immediately brought up a mental/emotional image of a game I've been trying to find for a long time.

The game was one from the 70s or 80s, which was a contraption game, not unlike Mousetrap. All I remember about from my childhood was that it took place at a circus, had these flat plastic figures for characters (with stickers on each side) and there was a shark tank. I remember that some character (named Casey I believe), and at the culmination of the "game", the character could be launched across the set and land in that shark tank.

Every time I see a stack of old games in a 2nd hand store, I find myself looking for box that has Casey in it. I can't remember what it's called and I can't seem to find it with Google searching. But if there's one forum anywhere that would attract the attention of someone that DID know this game, it would be here...

Anyone?wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a a loss.

All I can suggest is browsing the Circus theme category to see if something jumps out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And the answer is.............

Flying Finnegan

Here is a video of it I found on Youtube:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Cleveland
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my gosh, yes Flying Finnegan is it!!

Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are very welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mr. Dressup can be blamed for your confusing Casey with Finnegan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L
msg tools
I can't believe this. The paragraph you wrote is basically a copy of one I wrote on Stack Exchange. Except I had a fleeting memory of the twirlers on the pole.
Thanks to everyone - I swear I thought I had invented this game in my memory after a while. I think my Mom bought it at a garage sale and it did not feature in my youth for very long... I've been trying to figure this out for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.