Subject: Bush for President...Jeb Bush rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Just think, we could of had:

George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W Bush
Hillary Clinton
Jeb Bush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, under the American voting system, voting for a modestly viable third-party candidate usually means that the mainstream candidate furthest from your desires will win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
Unfortunately, under the American voting system, voting for a modestly viable third-party candidate usually means that the mainstream candidate furthest from your desires will win.

QFT

We had JEB (John Ellis Bush) as Governor here in Florida for 8 years and he showed himself to be quite the moderate. He is not nearly the polarizing figure that his older brother has proven to be but would definitely suffer from having the surname Bush. Would he make a good POTUS? I don't know, but I can state that we have definitely had worse than him in the Oval Office.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
If Jeb ever did become president, it would be interesting to see if the GOP assigned him a handler VP who actually held the reigns like Cheney did for George.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W Bush
Hillary Clinton
Jeb Bush

Might as well keep the Imperial Presidency all in the family.

Not enough Clintons to keep the chain going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, why not. We need a republican top contender of the week, we are running low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:

Jeb Bush is hard to figure, though. He's turned down two runs for the Senate, and he's been adamant that he won't run for the Republican nomination despite being the popular and successful ex-governor of a swing state. Unless he's done with politics, I have to wonder what he's waiting for.

Maybe he has skeletons in his closet that are being used to keep him from running. "you run and we talk"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
LeeDambis wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W Bush
Hillary Clinton
Jeb Bush

Might as well keep the Imperial Presidency all in the family.

Not enough Clintons to keep the chain going.

What's Roger doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

LeeDambis wrote:
So I'm watching Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC (yeah, I know), and she starts her last segment by announcing that an unidentified group is polling New Hampshire voters on Obama vs. Romney, Obama vs. Gingrich, ...and Obama vs. Jeb Bush?!?!?!

Things get really interesting when she connects these dots:

1. The deadline for the Republican primary is long past, so Bush can't run as a Republican.
2. Bush's mama would be really upset if he runs as a Democrat.
3. Americans Elect, our shiny new third party, just qualified to be placed on the California ballot this morning. It has now qualified in 12 states and expects to be on the ballots in all 50 by election day.

Bush denies that he's doing the polling. Americans Elect denies that it's doing the polling. Rachel concludes with a wink and a nod that it's just too far-fetched to be true...but is it? What do the denizens of RSP think?

Jeb Bush is one of the charter founding members of the former Project for the New American Century neo-con think tank whose imperialist "Pax Americana" (i.e. America as a new Rome to dominate the world and control the flow of the world's access to Middle East oil) policy objectives served as the de-facto blueprint followed by the Bush/Cheney administration in its own foreign policy and military adventures.

Because they've been since seen as misguided and unrepentant propagandizers who fomented the Iraq War with outright lies and deception, as a desperate means of trying to detach its membership from the taint of its ill-conceived militaristic foreign-policy initiatives, the Project for the New American Century think tank renamed itself as "the Foreign Policy Institute" (FPI). Indeed, since then, a number of its members have also found leadership positions in the foreign policy-making areas of the campaigns of Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, but mostly in the latter.

Back in early October when Mitt Romney made his foreign-policy speech in which he promosed "a new American century" and repeated that phrase throughout his speech several times, it doesn't require much pondering to figure out what he meant, especially after you've learned about the significant neo-con composition of his foreign-policy team and most especially after having heard him stress the term "new American century" in conjunction with subtly-worded aims that certainly sound all too evocative of the aims of the Project for the New American Century/FPI.

Would those neo-con campaign staffers ever seriously consider abandoning Romney's campaign for the campaign of a bonafide fellow traveler like Jeb Bush?

More than likely. After all, Mitt Romney only seems to be embracing those more neo-con foreign-policy aims as an indirect means to gain the support of the GOP's Religious Right base which likewise supports most of those same neo-con goals. The neo-cons would more likely have more confidence in one of their own.

And it also wouldn't surprise me at all if the effort to try to get Jeb Bush into the 2012 Republican Presidential primary race was led primarily by neo-cons.

For more information about the neo-con composition of the Romney campaign, check out the following two documentaries by MSNBC's Rachel Maddow below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeeDambis wrote:
1. The deadline for the Republican primary is long past, so Bush can't run as a Republican.

Not true in a number of ways. It's too late for Jeb to appear on the primary ballots, but he could always contend as a write-in. Furthermore, if the campaign does in fact deadlock all the way to the convention, he could parachute in as a compromise candidate.

Quote:
3. Americans Elect, our shiny new third party, just qualified to be placed on the California ballot this morning. It has now qualified in 12 states and expects to be on the ballots in all 50 by election day.

I believe their name should actually be read as "American Select." As in "a select group."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.