3 Posts

Days of Decision III» Forums » Rules

Subject: MP0(b): advance building units for minor countries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
The first turn for our next session will be January/February 1939. If somebody (most likely, the Axis) goes to war with a minor country during 1939, the rules dictate that any air or ground unit for that minor country which has a build date of 1939 (or a reserve unit) will be put on the production track to appear the turn after the invasion.

What happens if a major power advance builds a 1939 unit using their MP0(b) option? Spontaneously, I would say that that unit should then be put on the map right away when war is declared. What do the rest of you think?

Also, what happens if a 1940 unit is advance built? Let us make a detailed example:

Minor country X has a 1940 ARM unit, which costs 6 build points and takes 4 turns. If X is invaded in 1939, they will probably never see that ARM unit.

However, if major power Y plays MP0(b) to pay for that ARM unit in January/February 1939, it would cost them 9 build points and it will take 5 turns to complete the unit. So, the unit would be finished in November/December 1939.

Now, how would you handle it if X is invaded by major power Z in September/October 1939? I would not set the ARM unit up (it is not ready yet) but I would insert it as a reinforcement in November/December.

Also, what if X is invaded in November/December? The production of the ARM unit would be completed, so I would put it on the map right away. Do the rest of you agree with me on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That all seems right to me. If the unit is advance built and has completed its production time then it is available face up as soon as the minor is declared war on. If it is still on the production chart, it turns up as a reinforcement when completed.

Your interpretation of advance building also correct as far as I can see and is how we played it recently (advance building the RUM MTN to make the ever-so-predictable Soviet attack a little more difficult).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Popovich
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Any unit advance built is there. It does not take time, it does not wait for the turn it would normally be built. Just like setup - if you draw a 1936 unit in setup, you can get it, though logically you would think not.

Bill P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.