Subject: taxes at 50+ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Carter
Australia
wollongong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's sounds hard but if you get over 50 points the taxes reset?or stay at 9 and increase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not spelled out in the rules (and should be), but it'd be add the tax in your current scoring bracket + 10.

So at 51-55, it'd be 10; at 56-60 it'd be 11, etc.

Thanks for the question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jsut curious... is this a theoretical question or have you done it? That would be impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IF it reset, that's a pretty sizable tax break for the richest players... =)

I guess if you like to support big business and don't mind the "rich getting richer"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OCCUPY BELFORT!!!

99% of Gnomes support the Occupy Belfort movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carter
Australia
wollongong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its just theoretical question.But the first time one of my mate's played it he scored 46.He's the type of player who that's always gets a much better score on the second or third play.After he can see combos to put off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Catchpole
Australia
Ashfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
taffyslim wrote:
Its just theoretical question.But the first time one of my mate's played it he scored 46.He's the type of player who that's always gets a much better score on the second or third play.After he can see combos to put off.

46 after the second round of scoring, or at the end of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Carter
Australia
wollongong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
end game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taffyslim wrote:
end game

You need not pay taxes after end game scoring. However Sen's answer above is correct in case you ever score 50+ after the second scoring round (good luck!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
taffyslim wrote:

There are a fixed maximum number of points available, so I think it's unlikely without someone intentionally helping. If you scored 5 points in each district in each scoring round (theoretically possible with enough resource guilds) and a player choosing not to build or acquire people, you could score 25 district points, plus 9 for personnel for a grand total of 102. As a practical matter, only in a 2 player would you get more than 2, and with ties bumping you down in scoring, the maximum drops very rapidly from that figure given even a small amount of resistance from a single opponent. In addition, it's unlikely all potential scores will happen in the first scoring.

I'm finding it hard to imagine 50+ without a resource rich game and a poor opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.