Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Variants

Subject: Two Homebrews without name rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I have two ideas for Aliens, but I don't know how to name them. Any suggestions? I would also like to get some feedbacks about the powers themselves. Thanks!

As a main player, when your side wins an encounter, use this power to collect one reward for each player you invited to ally with you, and one additional reward for each player who accepted the invitation.

Wild
When you win an encounter as a main player, you may collect one Reward for each ally you had in the encounter.

Super
You may raise the number of Rewards you get to one for every ship allied with you.

As an ally, if your side wins the encounter, use this power to allow the main player with which you allied, to gain Rewards for each ship he or she had in the encounter.

Wild
As an ally, if your side wins the encounter, you may gain one Reward (regardless of the Rewards you get as a Defensive ally).

Super
When you use your power you may also gain Rewards for each Reward you allowed the main player to gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xagyg
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 1 has potential ...

I would make the Wild flare the main power, because I don't want to remember who I invited in addition to who actually allied.

... or how about something like this ...

LUCRO

As a main player, use your power to collect one reward for each allied player on your side of the encounter.

Wild
As a main player, when you win an encounter, play this flare to collect one reward for each allied player on your side of the encounter.

Super
You may collect one reward for each ally ship on your side of the encounter. (or same as main power + usable as ally)

There are probably a few homebrews around that are similar to this.

EDIT: It's reminiscent of Mercenary and reverse Ghoul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an alien along those lines:

SUMMONER

You have the power of Manifestation. As a main player, before cards are selected, use this power to gain a "defender reward" for each player that is allied with you, and 2 rewards for each player allied against you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Both those powers seem very similar to the newly announced Animal's secondary effect, that of gaining cards for his entire team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
And eerily similar to the just-announced General.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm inclined to call the first one "Butterfly" as in "social butterfly", with the power of Sociability. Or something like that. Better might be the "power of Popularity", but I'm not sure what the name would be. Something about "Charisma" perhaps.

The second one seems a bit too weak. All he does is give a strong incentive to be invited to ally, but he winds up giving his main player even more of a benefit. It's a strict subset of Parasite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.