Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on Step 2 of the Roadblocks mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a rule question about roadblocks : during step 2 of the mission, after you've unlocked level 2 or 3, do you finally explore that level following standard rules with all the tiles in one and creature generation (since step 1 has different exploration and generation rules) ? That's how we did but I'm not sure : we play the french edition and the traduction isn't very accurate on that aspect of the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you do, only change for this level is that all locusts that spawned by a.i. cards are placed at the exit, instead of at the emergence holes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that the only reason exploration works how it does during Stage 1 of Roadblocks is a component limitation. If it were explored the same as usual, there would only be enough Tickers for a solo run. One tile at a time makes for the possibility of four Tickers per tile.

Since the other Locust types are brought in after Stage one, exploration returns to normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how it works for this mission in the video game : you enter a dark tunnel only lit by a big "truck" behind you. The tickers spawn progressively as you walk through the tunnel, they attack in pack, rushing and moving randomly, exploding when they are close enough from the COG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you very much for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.