Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question does have a similar theme to an earlier thread, but I present it here so it (hopefully) gets people's attention quicker.

Situation:

German Construction Phase.

3-4 and 1-4 airwings (uninverted) are based at Kiel. Germany constructs a 1-4 (inverted) partial. As per the rules, in order that a full 5-4 results either during the build phase or the SR phase, the counters are combined and a full 5-4 (inverted) airwing results.

Which, if indeed any at all, of the following would be permissable?

a) After the SR Phase but before the end of the turn, Germany breaks down the inverted 5-4 into its uninverted/inverted partials.

b) In order to allocate DAS during the opponents turn, Germany breaks down the inverted 5-4 into its uninverted/inverted partials so that the 3-4 and 1-4 can fly DAS?

c) During the German SR phase, the inverted 5-4 SRs from Kiel to Hamburg (well, it is an SR from one controlled city to another - whistle )and then Germany breaks down the inverted 5-4 into its uninverted/inverted partials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, the basic issue was debated previously, with no consensus. There is a DQB which suggests some 'memory' in a specific context - i.e. 'combining' for purposes of counting as 1 unit for SR and then breaking down immediately afterwards into the original inverted and uninverted components. IMHO, that 'memory' does not extend to any other situation. So if you build air factors in order to combine to form a 5-4, then the entire 5-4 is inverted with no ability to subsequently breakdown into an uninverted component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.