No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Description

This is a graphical session report depicting Drizzt do'urrden trying to escape the underdark.

Drizzt try to escape drow society because he cannot accept the cruelty in them. As a merciful Drow, he is punished by his own family and his own people , the society that praise cruelty, torture and treachery.

for this game i will put this session report in several parts.

In Part 1 : Game Setup and Turn 1-5

Game Setup

Open the adventure book and look for Adventure 1 : Exile , in this game we will play Drizzt character (solo adventure). The goal of this adventure is to escape by entering the last 4 tiles of the Surface Hollow Cavern tile as the ending tile.

Component needed : Start Tile, Underground River Tile, Surface Hollow Tile and 8 random Cavern tile, Drizzt Character sheet, Drizzt miniature, 20-sided dice, the standard (1-200) deck containing monster cards, encounter cards, treasure cards and heroes cards. Adventure 1 to 4 can be played using the standard deck only. Advanced deck is for experienced players.

** Cavern Tiles for this adventure

The power cards for Drizzt in this game is his trusted twin scimitar TWINKLE and ICINGDEATH, 1 Ranger Daily power (Lone Drow), 1 Drow Utility Power and 1 Ranger Utility power. Player can draw 1 treasure item in this adventure, so i draw a 'Flask of Oil' item that can hit monster from 1 tile away (a good option for melee fighter like drizzt)

we start this game as level 1 hero. you will get chance to level up if you roll a 20 (natural roll) and then you can spend 5XP to level up.

** power cards, Drizzt character sheet and Drizzt Stance token

TURN 1

Place the starting tile and then set drizzt miniature on any square in that tile.

on this exploration phase, drizzt move east and open up a Volcanic Vent tile, the monster on that tile is a Spider Swarm, this lil guys will poison you and then damage you after you are poisoned. Since there is black triangle on this tile . an encounter card is drawn. It is 'Baruchie Colony:Attack each hero on your heroes tile, ATK:+11=Poisoned'..

What a nasty combination of monster and encounter card !!

The encounter rolls a 19 thus Drizzt is now poisoned. The Spider AI now move it to Drizzt's tile and attack him. but the attack failed with roll of 5.

TURN 2

Now Drizzt is in poisoned condition (need to take 1 damage on heroes phase). he start his hero phase by wielding TWINKLE to attack the spider. A roll of 14 kills the spider (HP:1) and drizzt got to put his stance token on TWINKLE, this Stance means Drizzt can reduce any adjacent enemy's damage. Two experience for killing this spider and I got a 'Belt of Storm +2 damage when hit adjacent monster' treasure card.

This is the STATUS of drizzt's player's corner displaying his condition, his wound (there should be 1 wound on his character sheet), the power cards and the dead monster/XP pile. To remove the poison condition player need to roll a 10+. Here i roll a 20 so i remove the poisoned token.

Drizzt continue his hero phase by moving to the east and he reveal a Narrow Passage tile with a Goblin Cutter on it. Since its a White Triangle tile, no encounter card is drawn.

The goblin cutter move adjacent to Drizzt and attacks with a roll of 19, but Drizzt's current stance on Twinkle reduce that damage so he dont take any damage at all.

TURN 3

Drizzt use his Twinkle again (and put his stance on that card) and with a roll of 18 he kill the goblin cutter (only 12 AC). so in a lightning quick attack, 2 monster is dead with only a scratch on the drow.

Now he move North-West and reveal another Narrow Passage with yet another goblin cutter.. seems like its goblin cutting time in the underdark at this time of year. Lucky for Drizzt its another White Triangle tile so no encounter is drawn.

The goblin move adjacent to drizzt and quickly try to stab the drow, but with only a roll of 6 plus 7 attack, he barely scratch drizzt's armor..

TURN 4

Now its drizzt's turn to kill this pesky goblin.. another icing death roll of 6 is stopped by goblin's armor.. but since drizzt can do another attack he attack again and successfully killed him. (I made a mistake here, the 1st attack should kill the goblin because the goblin's AC is reduced by 4 because of the narrow passage)

Drizzt took the risk and move thru the narrow passage north east and reveal a black triangle tile with a hypnotic spirit on it. An encounter card is drawn and its 'Stale Air' that attack the hero for 1 damage (roll of 16)

The Spirit move 1 tile to drizzt's tile and blast him with a roll of 8. Lucky for Drizzt the attack (total of 14) should be stopped by his armor (AC:15) but in this narrow tile his AC is reduced to 11 and this attack hits !!

TURN 5

This turn drizzt use ICINGDEATH (bonus damage if roll 18+), so with a roll of 17 Drizzt kill the spirit and bagged a moment's respite treasure card.

Continuing his eastward journey, drizzt found a Dark Chasm with a water elemental on it. Must be the friend of the last spirit. No encounter is drawn since its white triangle

State of the board at the beginning of turn 5

Water elemental move to hero's tile and blast him with a surging wave, a roll of 8 is not enough to breach drizzt's armor of 15 so this time no damage is done this time..

TO BE CONTINUED

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: ADVENTURE 1 : Exile - Part 1 (Photographic Session Report)
sorry for the bad quality images and their giant size.. i was thinking of prodiving the best photo but in retrospect i should resized the images to at most 1920 pixel horizontal.. this is taken with a 12 mega pixel nikon D90 with nikkor 28-70 at f/11

Original inspiration for this session report is the excellent tutorial videos by Robert (Black Belt Gaming).. you can view the Drizzt's turn-by-turn video in here : http://boardgamegeek.com/videos/boardgame/all?username=Black...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best session reports I have ever read... nicely done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very nice report, can't wait to read more. You really should make the images a lot less bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
A very nice report, can't wait to read more. You really should make the images a lot less bigger.

yes, i will resize and upload the smaller image after i finish the reports
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gain 4 XP - you just slew my Android browser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Gain 4 XP - you just slew my Android browser.

wow thanks !! err i mean i will resize the image to managable size =D uploading now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D6Frog wrote:
Cool session report! I also like how you added the comic book pages as well!

Thanks =D

The comic is to put me into the right frame of mind when playing hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Papadopoulos
msg tools
I can't think Drizzt without Last Blood.

The times you will attack once in your turn because only needed that, use last stand, attack the new explored creature and then fast attack with twinkle having stance on it for defence, are priceless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sutured wrote:
I can't think Drizzt without Last Blood.

The times you will attack once in your turn because only needed that, use last stand, attack the new explored creature and then fast attack with twinkle having stance on it for defence, are priceless.

thanks for the great tip !! i will use your recommendation on my next game with Drizzt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.