England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

OK - so having read the new rulebook whilst drooling in anticipation for the final release of this game, one thing occured to me about the surviving units within a battalion that you have already attacked once.

I could go through the rulebook referencing points - but in summary, if you reduce a battalion to half strength and then retreat to fight another day - Then say, you decide to give them "what for" on the following day, how do you track the surviving units?

The sensible idea I suppose would be to take all the surviving unit tokens, placing them on the battalion card until they go into action again and then redistribute them randomly on the map(?)

This all leads neatly onto the next point which is - Do you reshuffle the hexagonal tiles and lay them in a different pattern than before as if the decimated stragglers have moved along to meet their destiny in another suitably barren wasteland (presumably redistributing the aforementioned half-strength battalion?)

It would be a new mission after all.

Any help clarifying this for me is greatly appreciated (even though it's probably staring me in the face within the rulebook shake )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Just added that little detail to the rulebook.

You only place 1/2 the number of each type of Unit listed on the Battalion card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua danley
United States
chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
the units dont represent the entire battalion. so new units are drawn each time. its abstracted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.