Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out why the cities on the Nordic Countries board come in two sizes. I don't think the large circles are for capitols. Is this just a reference to the major metropolitan cities? I can't find any explanation in the rulebook about why there are different sized city markers.

I know it's a minor issue, but it's bugging me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:
I'm trying to figure out why the cities on the Nordic Countries board come in two sizes. I don't think the large circles are for capitols. Is this just a reference to the major metropolitan cities? I can't find any explanation in the rulebook about why there are different sized city markers.

The cities with large circles appears more often on the tickets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me there are 5 big cities on the map: the 4 capital cities and Bergen which was a county of its own in TtR time. It was also one of the biggest cities of Scandinavia. It was even a capital in the 13th century.
But of course it can be a mistake as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:
quartex wrote:

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
lacxox wrote:
It seems to me there are 5 big cities on the map: the 4 capital cities and Bergen which was a county of its own in TtR time. It was also one of the biggest cities of Scandinavia. It was even a capital in the 13th century.
But of course it can be a mistake as well.

Thanks for the insight! I had noticed this earlier and thought it had something to do with capital cities, but Bergen just didn't seem to fit in.

How about Tallinn? I guess it was not acknowledged as an independent country by Russia until 1920, after the 1918 Independence Manifesto. Is that just a few years too late for TtR time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never even spotted this Good to know next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
How about Tallinn? I guess it was not acknowledged as an independent country by Russia until 1920, after the 1918 Independence Manifesto. Is that just a few years too late for TtR time?

Yup, TtR time seems to be something like 1910-1914 based on the expansions etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
n00bs wrote:

Exactly. Related: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/280576/thoughts-on-strat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
Beaveman wrote:

Yup, TtR time seems to be something like 1910-1914 based on the expansions etc.

According to the back side of the tickets, the game features "Father Christmas tour 1910".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.