Subject: Misprinted token sheet in new copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R A.

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
My wife got me a copy of RoR 2nd Edition (Valley Games) for an early Christmas gift, and I was dismayed to find that the token sheet that includes the corruption tokens was misprinted so that the two sides are upside down relative to each other (meaning a small token will have part of a different, larger token printed on its other side). I contacted Valley Games on their website a few days ago but I assume they are just off for the holidays.

Is this a problem other people have had or unique to my copy? Has anyone had experience getting replacement bits from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destroyer of Islands
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if your problem is unique, but when I contacted Valley Games through the website because of a missing province in my copy of the game, I didn't hear anything back from them but it arrived in the mail 2-3 weeks later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Lizard_King wrote:
Is this a problem other people have had or unique to my copy? Has anyone had experience getting replacement bits from them?

First I have heard of this particular issue. I will notify Valley as well.

Be sure to include your address on the email as sometimes they just send it out with out responding. Not sure why they can't send a quick email, but that seems to be a common occurrence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A.

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
Well, not sure what the key variable was but within hours of posting I got an email response that the tokens were in the mail. That's definitely satisfactory. Thanks, Brian!
queenc wrote:
Dunno if your problem is unique, but when I contacted Valley Games through the website because of a missing province in my copy of the game, I didn't hear anything back from them but it arrived in the mail 2-3 weeks later.

Yes, I think about half of a good customer service equation is keeping people informed that their issue is being addressed, the other half is actually doing it. Sometimes I find good publishers are great at the latter but missing the former diminishes the experience in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I am in almost daily conversation with Valley so if something like this pops up, I draw their attention to it.

They do miss a couple things here and there but to be fair, the email was apparently only sent 2 days prior to this post. So they may have had it in their queue already.

I have asked that they at least try to send off an email but they are still just 2 guys running this company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A.

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
For sure, I was more speaking generally than in particular about this case. Thanks again for your help and I'm looking forward to having this hit the table soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.