9 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pilgrimage world rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kóc +
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was interpreting this card, that you gain -1 VP for each good you have left. One of my opponents told meg, that actually you got one less VPs than the number of good comsumed this way. Now I find both interpretations acceptable.
What would I get when I comsume 2 goods on this world?
-2 VP or
+1 VP?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Berry
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You get +1 VP when it consumes 2 goods. Your opponent's interpretation of the card is correct.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every so often you find yourself with a half-dozen goods in your tableau and no consume powers. Pilgrimage World can be a huge boon in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
1 VP. An example is given in the Rules, page 10, under the "All Goods" Consume power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kocos wrote:
I was interpreting this card, that you gain -1 VP for each good you have left. One of my opponents told meg, that actually you got one less VPs than the number of good comsumed this way. Now I find both interpretations acceptable.
What would I get when I comsume 2 goods on this world?
-2 VP or
+1 VP?

Thanks!
.... 2nd interpretation. And no, if you have 0 goods and must use Pilgramage World, it's NOT 0 good - 1 = -1 VP (or in other words, lose 1 VP). Nothing happens if you have no goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Note that every power is explained either on the reference sheet or in the rules themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
And no, if you have 0 goods and must use Pilgramage World, it's NOT 0 good - 1 = -1 VP (or in other words, lose 1 VP). Nothing happens if you have no goods.

Just to confirm, if I have one good, I have to consume it for nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, assuming that Pilgrimage World is the only consume power you have. You have to activate all consume powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ykphuah wrote:
if I have one good [and Pilgrimage World is my only Consume power], I have to consume it for nothing?

Correct. "One less than X", where X=1, is 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.