Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If a unit successfully Ambushes an enemy unit conducting a Close Assault and causes it to retreat (i.e. via a flag), can the defender advance after the battle into the attacker's hex?

As a matter of consistency, I'd say 'yes'. How is this situation handled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
HitchKennedy wrote:
If a unit successfully Ambushes an enemy unit conducting a Close Assault and causes it to retreat (i.e. via a flag), can the defender advance after the battle into the attacker's hex?

As a matter of consistency, I'd say 'yes'. How is this situation handled?

No. You can only advance when it is your turn. Just because you became active and attacked does not mean you can advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks. I'll let my buddy know. He just started pulling this recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
Sk'Doosh!
badge
The source of a Christian ethic is not the reality of one’s own self, not the reality of the world, nor is it the reality of norms and values. It is the reality of God that is revealed in Jesus Christ.- Bonhoeffer
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is treated in the official/comprehensive FAQ, which is also included under the "Ambush" entry in the online card compendium: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/cards_compen... (If you need proof for your buddy.)

Edits: fixing my link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. That's what I was really looking for. We'd been away from the game for a while. So we're still sorting out some things. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But, something seemed 'not right'. Thanks, again gentlemen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.