Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules read [Ghostly Spirit takes no damage from any opponent who rolled a Corrupted Quiddity die on his turn. You may assign damage to Ghostly Spirit up to its defense value, but it is not destroyed by this damage.]I understand the first sentence but do not understand the second sentence. Is that separate from the Corrupted Quiddity issue?gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
keso55 wrote:
Rules read [Ghostly Spirit takes no damage from any opponent who rolled a Corrupted Quiddity die on his turn. You may assign damage to Ghostly Spirit up to its defense value, but it is not destroyed by this damage.]I understand the first sentence but do not understand the second sentence. Is that separate from the Corrupted Quiddity issue?:gulp:

It is separate from the Corrupted Quiddity issue. What the 2nd sentence means is that it can absorb that many hit points from non-corrupted sources without being destroyed.
Thanks. That is what I thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's a separate power. I think it's defining what to do with the damage from a player who rolled a Corrupted Quiddity. If it were a separate power they'd likely have given it a new paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The above ColtsFan's answer doesn't make any sense as any creature can do that. You can assign damage from a player who rolled corrupted quiddity up to the defense value, before having to put it on any other creature. AND the CGS isn't destroyed by that damage. It's the same wording used for all those situations, (like the Quaxos promo creatures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ok, I misread what was typed for the ghost. I thought it WAS different than the Quaxos but see it has the same sentence structure. So I agree that both sentences are dealing with the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.