Hide
4 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: After playing the game a few times now... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klip Twings
msg tools
In a big game, if the Consul draws the loot card that gives all minions/denizens +1 Heart, and it's early enough for there to still be a number of spawn points and the map is flooded with monsters, it seems downright impossible for the Heroes to recover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rivas
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. In general the game is slanted toward the Consul (and it should be, lol, after all its his dungeon their invading).
Seriously though- after about 6 games or so on all levels of "bit" I've noticed that the heros tend to get better.
In fact once people play heroes a few times I have a harder time as Consul beating them because their strategy gets better with practice.
I think that initially this game is in Consul favor by him having more critters to draw on, however as the Newbie wears off and my friends begin to pick favorite heroes, "perfect" teams and develop strategy unique to the characters they pick...well life as a Consul gets hard.

To help Heroes win:
ALWAYS have a Healer and someone with Luck.
Candy is a Must in 3+ hero parties,
Find a balance between Looting with Luck and taking out Spawn Points- Be careful if pushing things to 16 bit too early but get that Loot!
Melee wins games!(Dwarf and Barbarian are simply meat grinders)

To help Consul's win:
I recommend taking advantage of Tile placement, use of terrain effects (specially when placing spawn points, NEVER forget that Mob is an awesome ability and show no mercy.
Swarm the weakest heroes with Mob critters, make use of ranged hit and runs with Dragon Priests (my fav bad guy. Also use the Priest Rage ability in a Mob then scuttle off to cover. And again: Show no Mercy!!!

(lol I love being the bad guy)

But seriously it is very possible for Heroes to win and be extremely dangerous, team work and party design are the keys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Alexander
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The +heart card is far more deadly than +R ARM, here is why:

The power gauge advances twice for each mob.
Your AoE Hero with a Green die has to attack twice, and in some cases can only do it once a round. Not a problem if you have fire damage of course!
The power gauge advances twice for each mob!

Making the Heroes have to face the boss/Rex before they get their Treasures is quite scary! I've won both games when I drew a +Heart for my loot.

Status effect weapons and +1 AP are a strong contender depending on whether the party has the Ranger or Paladin+Rogue and their luck; because you are more likely to kill the heroes if you can force more actions/hearts/potions on removing them, and slowing down their progress.

Given how heroes advance, the +Heart will help you far more than +R ARM, but gosh darn having flingers with +1 ap hotpotting everywhere, or the extra knockdown chance, or extra MOB attack with +3B ATT and +1B ATT from priest? yes please.

Remember, these effects do not work on bosses.though.
I think I'd most like +Heart and +1B ATT +pacify in SUPER!, that'd be a great wind up. Pacify is beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.