Subject: The Rules are Lacking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A
United States
USA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are very scant for this game. It doesn't specify what a square is exactly. I've come to the decision that a square for movement is one of the spaces outlined by the other lego pieces not each individual lego nipple. Secondly, is moving from the starting platform 1 move or is moving into the first space one move? In the interest of speeding up the game I consider the whole middle the starting area. If you move the temples it blocks which outer square you can move into.

I think it makes sense for the player getting the third gold treasure to have to move to and through the pyramid exit. It adds a bit of excitement to the game.

Am I interpreting the rules right? Or is it one movement just to get off the starting block into the middle area? Also I assume you can't cut across the middle space to move to another outer block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lee
United States
Portland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this for my son for his xmas present and 100% - the rules should be much clearer.

Acoording to the Italian video posted in the thread, one move = one big square (not one Lego nipple.)

The temples ARE meant to block movement, that's part of the strategy when you pick up a temple and place it in a way to block other players. So starting from the middle block to one of the temple spaces = 1 move.

I like the exit pyramid idea... what's the point of the nicely designated exit otherwise?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schrock
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this for the first time today and had the same issues with the game squares. We started with the dots being one move each but it was VERY clumsy moving between the temples and was taking too long to even get to the outer spaces.

We came up with the same solution: Each large square AND empty temple squares are game spaces. The rules do state in red that replacing temples cannot block players from leaving the starting space. Once we figured out the spaces, the game went quickly enought to keep the kids entertained. Honestly, the mummy makes the game.

I do like the idea of being able to make your own rules and I think that's why the rules are so vague: to encourage players to create fun ways of playing the game. After all, LEGO is about creation, right? I loved the idea of having to exit through the pyramid entrance to win the game once a player has collected the 3 golded treasures. I would add one more: You must exit with 3 different treasures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
https://rpggeek.com/blog/6320
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thread rises from the dead, like a mummy!

Same issues as you mentioned - playing this with my wife after picking it up for $3 in a thrift shop, we had to stop and agree on what a rule meant several times. The diagrams could have cleared this up easily, but alas.

Other clarifications we had to decide on included: I stopped on a treasure and picked it up, then moved the mummy as required. We decided I had to finish the turn with the treasure to win - so it was replaced and I returned to the centre start platform.

We decided it was okay to place temples as a block, leaving just corners open. Fun way to mess with a player who's collected several gems and could become a runaway leader.

I like the idea of only being able to carry one treasure at a time, making three trips to the door. I'll have to give that a try next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.