Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Schauerhamer
United States
Ashton
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The game publisher has added some important rule updates to Karnaxis. To see these updates, go to this website:
http://www.opportunitygames.com/ruleupdates.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the rulebook at http://www.opportunitygames.com/apps/documents/ updated with these latest changes/clarifications? If not, any plans to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schauerhamer
United States
Ashton
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The online rulebook has not been updated yet. I plan to update it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to see some improvements to the way loans worked. Specifically that loans coule be taken at any time, which would fix what to me is the biggest problem with the game. The only update to loans I see is a comment that doesn't make sense: "Players can't use loaned money to make a loan payment." After someone has taken a loan, how do you keep track of which money came from the loan, and which didn't? Or was the intent of that statement something different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schauerhamer
United States
Ashton
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks for your input Curt. I've clarified the rules on this point.

"Players can only take a loan to cover a specific expense at the time of purchase, and the loan can’t exceed that expense. Loan payments are the only expense that a loan can't be taken for."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's not the way I read the original rules ot be sure. How about if I have 49,000, but I want to buy something that costs 50,000. Can I take a loan for 50,000? By the above clarification I would say yes. But I think your intent is to say no. So it might need a little more rewording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schauerhamer
United States
Ashton
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
curtc wrote:
How about if I have 49,000, but I want to buy something that costs 50,000. Can I take a loan for 50,000?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems really weird that I can take a loan when I'm only a dollar short, thus making all but one dollar of my loan being not for what I'm buying, but I can't take a loan just for cash on hand.

I would strongly recommend allowing loans at any time for any reason. But maybe standardizing them to one loan size (or multiples thereof) to reduce the detailed calculations people would try to go through to figure out exactly how much they need to borrow.

Not allowing loans when payday is coming up will really cause problems, at least with the current extremely harsh penalty of not being able to make a loan payment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schauerhamer
United States
Ashton
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
More important rule updates for Karnaxis!

http://www.opportunitygames.com/ruleupdates.htm

There is now a Family version and an Advanced version for all of you highly strategic and competitive players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.