Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the early December arrival of this expansion at Eagle and its anticipated dissemination to vendors by December 15th, I had hopes of playing it by Christmas. Unfortunately, my hopes have been dashed by a languishing pre-order. It appears only a handful of vendors (Funagain, Miniature Market, and possibly a few FLGS) have it in-stock as of today - Dec. 20th. Sure I could have ordered directly from Eagle Games to insure timely arrival, but I have more in common with old Ebenezer than I care to admit. I suppose this is just one more reminder that the season is more about giving than (timely) receiving. If the vendor didn’t already have my money for the pre-order and several other games to meet free shipping requirements, it would really be a lose-lose. It sure is a shame most vendors haven’t had the opportunity to recapitulate the giving side of the equation but maybe it’ll be part of their New Year’s resolution.

On the bright side of things, I did get my copy of American Rails in the mail yesterday and maybe by the time I get the Builder Expansion everyone will have come to a consensus on the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Experiencing senility daily since... I forget.
mbmbmbmbmb
zimm20 wrote:
It appears only a handful of vendors (Funagain, Miniature Market, and possibly a few FLGS) have it in-stock as of today - Dec. 20th.

I really wonder how this works. Eagle Games decides the order that the games are sent, right?. And it is only fair that pre-orders from the Eagle Site are sent out first.

But then how does it work after that? One of the first to offer the game for pre-order, and they may have been the very first. was coolstuffinc. I've been anticipating getting this game forever, so I promptly ordered it with other games I wanted to get free shipping.

Now like you said, two other internet sites have it, and some flags have it. You really have to wonder if coolstuffinc has done something to p-off someone at Eagle. Eagle said by the 15th the distributers would have it. Now it's the 20th. I called coolstuffinc to see if they were still expecting it, fearing that they may have been shorted or something even worse by Eagle. They said they were still expecting the shipment and had been for some time.

It looks like it won't be Christmas now. Like you, I hope it will be here by New Years. My son leaves to go home the day before, and our family really looked forward to playing with the expansion.

Hurry up, Eagle Games!!!!! Ship! Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't Eagle and Funagain the same company? I believe that would explain why they got their orders in first.

I could be upset about the holdup but even if Eagle had things squared away, there's another game holding ip that order anyway. I was tempted to order direct but the price difference was just too much. So it goes -- it'll come when it comes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also should have noted that Troll & Toad posted that the expansion is delayed until Dec. 25th which is partly what prompted my comment. I didn't order from them but they seem to have an inside scoop. It does appear that in addition to the plague tiles, the game as a whole has become a holiday exclusive for the publisher and a few lucky retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zimm20 wrote:
I also should have noted that Troll & Toad posted that the expansion is delayed until Dec. 25th which is partly what prompted my comment. I didn't order from them but they seem to have an inside scoop. It does appear that in addition to the plague tiles, the game as a whole has become a holiday exclusive for the publisher and a few lucky retailers.

Well, I suppose that is a smart business decision by Eagle/Funagain Games games. It most certainly does not endear me to either, in fact, for whatever it's worth, Eagle and Funagain games have lost a customer.

-----

I am editing this now. The more and more I thought about this, the angrier I became. If it is true, and I have no reason to think it isn't - it fits the facts - I can't express how angry this makes me.

Eagle said that they hoped to have the game in the hands of distributers on the 15th of December.

Now it it turns out that the game is being held up to make it exclusive to fun again and eagle until Christmas.

One, that means they were misleading (I didn't say lying but I thought about it), and two that means they are not that bright (I started to say stupid but I thought it) since they never made it clear to anyone that it was exclusive.

I am probably over reacting, but after waiting for the expansion to my family's favorite game that was announced so long ago and then hearing that it really was finally going to be out (first October - November, then December 15th, then December 25th) it is very frustrating. I pre-ordered way back in November and ordered other Christmas games with the order. AAAARGGGGHHHH! If I had known that there was going to be an early exclusive release, I would have ordered from them! I simply ordered from the first place that offered it on-line!

Give me one good reason why I should order from Eagle or Funagain Games in the future. Go ahead, just one! If it makes any sense, I'll give you Geek Gold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

The game did ship to distributors (and direct order customers) within days of when it was expected. It takes a few days to ship(3-5 days normally depending on where they are in the country).

Also, factor in UPS/FED Ex's heavy volume (Christmas), and regional weather, so maybe it took a few extra days for some shops.

Your also forgetting that not everyone orders direct from the publisher, and those that do not, have to wait for the distributors to get it. Then the distributors have to pull their orders, and then ship them back out (another 3-5 days under normal conditions).

UPS/Fed Ex transit times are very slow this time of year, so both transit times can be delayed (going to distributor, and going to FLGS).

Eagle tried their best to get the games out on time, but you have to factor in transit time. There is not more to it than that. Nobody got the game "early" or "exclusive". They were all mailed out at the same time.

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Morgal
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:

Eagle tried their best to get the games out on time, but you have to factor in transit time. There is not more to it than that. Nobody got the game "early" or "exclusive". They were all mailed out at the same time.

I apologize for my hot-headed remarks. I am just very disappointed to not have it here for Christmas.

Thanks for trying your best.

It apparently was just destined not to be this Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:

Your also forgetting that not everyone orders direct from the publisher, and those that do not, have to wait for the distributors to get it. Then the distributors have to pull their orders, and then ship them back out (another 3-5 days under normal conditions).

Thanks for the post. I hadn't considered the involvement of another middleman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They got to Boards and Bits last week, and I received mine yesterday. So all is not lost, they will be arriving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryann Turner
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonnyG wrote:
They got to Boards and Bits last week, and I received mine yesterday. :) So all is not lost, they will be arriving.

It still says Preorder on the website...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Greisz
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have sold all they got then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Coolstuffinc mailed my copy out today...estimated delivery is the 24th so I might get lucky and have it before Christmas...

UPDATE: Mine arrived today so I was indeed lucky enough to get it just before Christmas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received notification from CardHaus/BoardGamehaus that my order has shipped and should arrive in time to bring in the new year. It's also listed as being in stock on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see that they were at your doorsteps before Christmas!

I hope you all enjoy it. I have been looking forward to it as well for a long time!

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.