5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: World in Shades *BoardGame rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Baker
msg tools
Welcome.. to the World in Shades.

If you like, games like D&D or board games like Runebound , Talisman or Hero Quest, this is the place for you.

The world has fallen into darkness, people became shadows and only YOU can bring the light back in their lives. Do you have the courage it takes to be THE ULTIMATE HERO?

2-6 players, 90-120 minutes, 12+

http://www.indiegogo.com/World-in-Shades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: World in Shades RPG
Moved to Press Releases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks potentially interesting, but with the complete absence of any hype for this game and the paucity of real information on the campaign page, it's a bit hard to get excited about it. I get the overall impression that the game is not very far along in the development process and that the funding campaign may be a bit premature. I think it will help a lot when you get a demo video and the rules and the website up.

I'm confused by the pricing statement. It says:

Quote:
Price: This is to support the local retailers that choose to support World in Shades, The Lightening Orb. Without this relationship the MSRP would need to be $56.95. This allows us to drop the MSRP to $45

which is pretty obviously copied from the Kings of Air and Steam Kickstarter campaign. The thing is, for that other game it's talking about how they're able to produce the game at a lower MSRP and support local retailers by using the GameSalute Select Stores Exclusives program instead of a traditional distributor. On your campaign that paragraph is out of context and doesn't make any sense. How does World in Shades support local retailers, and how does this allow for an MSRP of $45 instead of $56.95?

Lastly, what is the timeline for publishing this game? The campaign states that supporters will get the game a full month in advance of release, but when is that expected to be? June? September? Next Christmas? 2014?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Coble
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Lead Cotillion - http://flintlocklaser.blogspot.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
zoniq wrote:
Welcome.. to the World in Shades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Baker
msg tools
Lol ken.. I might use this image for the front of the package of the game xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.