Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the one weakness in this game is the die. Auctioning off one card this round and six next time is a very unbalanced experience, and doesn't help the money-management aspect of the game at all.

I can understand WHY the designer wanted it to be random, but I can't help feeling that an 'average' d6 numbered 2,3,3,4,4,5 would work better.

Any agreement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Portland
Germany
Worms
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed this is more in thoughts of a good players game. It could works well also with rolling 2 dice and substract the numbers from them. If the dice shows equal numbers, then you can choose the amount of auctionated cards from 1 to 5. In that case, you draw one card after another and decide after every card to stop the drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
It seems to me that the one weakness in this game is the die. Auctioning off one card this round and six next time is a very unbalanced experience, and doesn't help the money-management aspect of the game at all.

I am not an experienced player, but I don't see the problem.

Anyway, 2d3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Kleinostheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:

I can understand WHY the designer wanted it to be random, but I can't help feeling that an 'average' d6 numbered 2,3,3,4,4,5 would work better.

Any agreement?

I totally agree. I´ve already bought such a die especially for the game.^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, so have I now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Control 3
United States
flag msg tools
thyl wrote:

I´ve already bought such a die especially for the game.^^

ousgg wrote:
Yes, so have I now.

Where can I get such a die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Most dice shops will stock them - just Google for 'average dice'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Control 3
United States
flag msg tools
Found a set, thanks!

Strangely enough, all the Google top results were for the UK shops despite the fact that I'm in the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.