Subject: Bring the troops home for the Holidays... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have Intel on any Christmas deals in the works? My government(wife) has authorized the funds to bring the boys home for Christmas. I would rather bring them all home and "leave no man behind", but I do understand if it gets all caught up in red tape at HQ(LBG)I will have to pick a few lucky troopers and spend the balance of funds elsewhere in other war departments(games).
Several Generals(K-man and Deb) have mentioned some possible items in the works, but I am running out of time as the governmentangry(who cannot understand why I need all the troops home at once)will kill the funds after the new yearshake, to pay off other war debt. - so its a use it or lose it deal.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely written.. I think I have the same civil servant in my house... whistle and would love to see the troops home myself..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gents, there really is a cool thing in the works to help you bring the troops home. Soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Aw, crap; gonna be sore in the morning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, wish I would've waited one more month to buy 'all in'. Here's to hoping that the coming deal might also benefit those of us who wish to merely bulk up their selection of troops but have no need of purchasing everything anymore because they pulled the trigger too soon on that one and missed out. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Bulk" is coming...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when this will happen? I'm getting my son the starter game for Christmas, but I'd like to expand it asap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are adding a Squad Pack to both the US Paratroopers and the German Luftlande soldiers.

What is in the Luftlande Squad - 1 MP40 Leader, 1 Rifle Leader, 6 Riflemen, 1 Rifleman Assistant MG soldier and 1 MG42 soldier.

The Paratrooper Squad - 1 Thompson Leader, 1 Rifle Leader, 6 Riflemen, 1 Carbine Assistant MG soldier and 1 .30 Cal Browning MG.

Both of the Squads are being released for $99.95 each.

We were delayed for a bit due to a photography hiccup. The links will be available later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SMG Squad Pack
That's like getting a 'free' leader, isn't it?

More folks are realizing the fun really gets thicker when they can pick their troops and really customize a unit.

Of course this, and the extra map from Road to Carentan, will put things over the top on making SMG multi-player too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good deal! I fear that my war chest won't allow that many troops this holiday season, but I am sure there will be some that can make it! laugh

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeyNine
United States
Tinton Falls
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a temporary holiday offer or permanent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.lostbattaliongames.com/c-338-SMG-Bundles.aspx

Here are the Reinforcement Squad bundles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, had to buy the squads (and Causeway). Now, if I could only beat my son...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife approved and Dorb tested. Merry Christmas to me, myself and I.
Went all in last night and now will wait for mini nirvana. Guess I'll fire up some "Brothers in Arms" games on the PC and practice the 4 F's - Find'em, Fix'em, Flank'em and Finish'em tactics just for fun while I wait.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeynine wrote:
Is that a temporary holiday offer or permanent?

Same question here. Is this a permanent bundle or is it going away when the holidays are over. I am in a "sell before buying" austerity plan and will not generate that kind of revenue for at least 30 days,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the current plan is to keep the squad bundle available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's a great idea for those who want to take the next step beyond DoD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, it works in terms folks are used to hearing.

The only complication I've seen so far is terminology, where a couple times folks have used "squad" to mean the 4 figure 'team' that is how extra figs were originally sold (and I believe will continue to be sold for the time being).

So 4 figs = "team"
10 figs (including 2 Leaders) = "squad bundle."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.