Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jay
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out a good way to finalize the unit stats in an RPG game. What I'm hoping to do is essentially run a simply program (say, a series of ten combat rolls) a large number of times in order to arrive at an average result for that particular match-up.

I've looked at the OpenOffice Calc documentation (Sun's answer to Microsoft Word), and it doesn't seem like it would be a good fit for what I'm trying to do. Now, I know that I could just write some scripts to do this for me, but I'm collaborating with a fellow who doesn't have a computer programming background, so it would be ideal if the solution is something that he could use too.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
-Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need a script. It was so nice when BASIC came with everyone's computer but now you'd have to download it separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like Dice Box Deluxe? This one is for the Adroid platform, but there has to be something for iOS platform too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://anydice.com/ is your friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.