Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wolf
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this going to retailers or is it going to be a Designer only release? I have not seen any of the usual retailers carrying this as a pre order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I visit this page, I often see a US shop offering pre-orders (it was Funagain Games at the time of writing this).

Nothing in the UK yet, but that is quite normal as UK retailers often don't support pre-ordering of any game.

I'm pretty sure it will be sold through stores and other retailers.

Would be good to know when to expect this in stores though.

I have some Christmas money to spend - 4 contenders, only one will be purchased. If 1812 was available now I would be off to my local shop to buy it.

But I gather that it's not going to be in US shops until mid\late January, not sure whether UK shops will be even later.

I'm always puzzled why boardgame companies (not just Academy) all to often miss Christmas deadlines - it's almost like they lack the commercial acumen and awareness of other companies.

Obviously, the flip side is having the professionalism to get the product right at release, but to oh so often piss away the biggest sale opportunity of the year always seems very strange business to me.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:
When I visit this page, I often see a US shop offering pre-orders (it was Funagain Games at the time of writing this).

Nothing in the UK yet, but that is quite normal as UK retailers often don't support pre-ordering of any game.

I have some Christmas money to spend - 4 contenders, only one will be purchased. If 1812 was available now I would be off to my local shop to buy it.

But I gather that it's not going to be in US shops until mid\late January, not sure whether UK shops will be even later.

I'm always puzzled why boardgame companies (not just Academy) all to often miss Christmas deadlines - it's almost like they lack the commercial acumen and awareness of other companies.

Obviously, the flip side is having the professionalism to get the product right at release, but to oh so often piss away the biggest sale opportunity of the year always seems very strange business to me.

Cheers,

Nigel

I'd bet that wargames are not bought quite as impulsively as other games, and I'd also bet that they aren't given as gifts as much. (This might be true of boardgames in general compared to other things.)

Especially with wargames, the target audience is probably pretty old on average as well.

At least in America, getting them out after christmas, around tax refunding time might be as good a bet as in time for christmas when it comes to wargames.

Plus, other business get so much busier around the holidays, it might be cheaper/easier to get stuff out in the late winter/spring if it's going to miss the fall conventions anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Probably some truth in that - BUT, I would bet good money, that every BGG member (excluding those that don't celebrate Christmas) will get at least one game for Christmas - it's still a MASSIVE opportunity to miss.

Also, perhaps the economy is recovering better in the US, but in Europe it is quite dire. Everyone is beginning to tighten their belts and watch what they spend.

Spending £50-£60 on a game in February might be considered as frivolous now, but Christmas is still a great opportunity to treat yourself to luxuries.

Personally, I have already bought myself two games and have budget for another. My family would be a lot more understanding if I 'wasted' it on another silly game at Christmas than they would if I did so in February. Even I'm beginning to question whether I'm spending too much on cardboard that I rarely get to play.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caamora wrote:
Is this going to retailers or is it going to be a Designer only release? I have not seen any of the usual retailers carrying this as a pre order.

If you are in North America, try FRP Games. They have it for pre-sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Both my FLGS here in Waterloo (J&J and Germangames) are planning on stocking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kergen ramirez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nheather wrote:

Cheers,

Nigel

I spoke with Gameslore they are stocking it in the UK. No planned date as yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1812 - The Invasion of Canada is open to full distribution, with no limitations. The French language version is co-published with Asyncron Games in France.

We just moved our representation from Mayfair Games to FRED and this may have caused some confusion with retailers. But distributors world wide are aware of our move and are placing their orders.

Thanks for your support. Please contact your local game store to make them aware of the game. It is very accessible to all gamers, not just war gamers, and should be a great seller for them.

Happy New Year everyone! I look forward to everything that 2012 has to offer and wish you all the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
As to the time of its arrival, the container with 1812 is scheduled for delivery into the warehouse Friday Dec 30 (later this morning as of this posting). So starting next week we will be shipping the game.

I got a chance to play this game for the first time last April and I LOVED it. It is one of the best games I have played in years and I am thrilled that we are working with Uwe and Academy Games.

I highly recommend you give 1812 a play. It is easy to get in to, has very rewarding gameplay and excellent replayability. A great way to start the New Year for sure, and in that spirit, Happy New Year everyone!

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So is it out yet.

No sign in the UK, even for pre-orders but maybe we will be getting our distribution later.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that my credit card has been tapped today from some organization called "Academy Games". Looks suspicious to me surprise

(Who-hoo!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.