Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The second edition rules (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/67875/english-rule) have some changes. I believe this is an accurate summary of them:

1. Players get only 1 action per turn in the 1st and 4th years.

2. Players can take loans from castles (4 for light blue, 5 for dark blue, 6 for black). This is an action and requires you to place a carpenter at that castle in the space in between the VP hexagons. You cannot build a castle where you have taken a loan, and so presumably you cannot take a loan where you have built a castle. Furthermore, you cannot collect income from a castle where you have taken a loan. Loans are all paid back at 6 per at the end of the game.

3. There are 2 neutral day worker pieces which players can place instead of carpenters. (Only at a castle where you already have carpenters - not stated but the logic requires it.) Placing one always costs 3. They count as 1 carpenter for income purposes and as 1.5 carpenter for castle building, e.g. if you have 3 carpenters and a day worker you beat someone with 3 carpenters and go to the right. They are removed at the end of each year. They cannot be placed in the VP hexes or used to take loans.

4. The initial carpenter placement starts in reverse player order rather than player order. (I think.)

Points which are unclear:

1. Can day workers be moved? I assume not.

2. The rules still say that a player must have "2 carpenters" at a castle to build. It is not clear if this is true or if it actually means "2 pieces," so 1 carpenter and 1 day worker would be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenichi Tanabe
Japan
Suita-City
Osaka Japan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your interesting.
Now I sale the copies now.

Quote:

1. Can day workers be moved? I assume not.

It's not. The day worker can't work alone.

Quote:

2. The rules still say that a player must have "2 carpenters" at a castle to build. It is not clear if this is true or if it actually means "2 pieces," so 1 carpenter and 1 day worker would be enough.

Yes, I mistook. It's two pieces.

Kenichi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks! A few more questions which occurred to me:

1. If you have 1 carpenter and 1 day worker at a castle and you move the carpenter or build the castle, so the day worker is alone, does it leave immediately (allowing it to be used again)?

2. If you can't pay back all your loans at the end of the game, what happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenichi Tanabe
Japan
Suita-City
Osaka Japan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

1. If you have 1 carpenter and 1 day worker at a castle and you move the carpenter or build the castle, so the day worker is alone, does it leave immediately (allowing it to be used again)?

Yes. That's correct.

Quote:

2. If you can't pay back all your loans at the end of the game, what happens?

The player cannot take the point from the castle tile.(see Loan section)
And the following is lost from my rule. Sorry.

Game ends.
A remained loan marker is -2 points. When you have two loan marker in the board, it's -4 points.

I will update these points as soon.

Thank you.
Kenichi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.