8 Posts

Incursion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grenades blast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says nine spaces spread evenly, how exactly does that work? Like does it mean nine non-wall spaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DELTA2468 wrote:
It says nine spaces spread evenly, how exactly does that work? Like does it mean nine non-wall spaces?

Not exactly. Regardless of any walls, the following squares are affected from the grenade (imagine x as the target square):
o o o
o x o
o o o
Every figure within the 9 square area (including the x) is susceptible to damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pleasure -Now go kick some zombie butt! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark feldman
United States
post falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the boss isn't always right. But, he's always the boss.
mbmbmbmbmb
the way to play is flame and Grenade.keep those corridors flamed and grenade the zombies hordes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said my man, I believe a thumbs-up is in order cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil Spillover!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
JJ Sino wrote:
DELTA2468 wrote:

Not exactly. Regardless of any walls, the following squares are affected from the grenade (imagine x as the target square):
o o o
o x o
o o o
Every figure within the 9 square area (including the x) is susceptible to damage.

The rules say 'The blast of the grenade fills 9 board squares, beginning with the square in which the grenade landed and extending evenly to fill adjacent and diagonal squares'

That could mean 'The blast of the grenade affects all models in a 3 by 3 squares grid centered on the square in which the grenade landed', as you state.

However, a much more grenade-in-confined-spaces-like behaviour and also a way cooler way to rule this (we think) is to actually only count squares that are accessible from the square the grenade landed on, excluding walls and squares behind closed doors (or non-wall spaces, as James puts it). Let me draw you a diagram:

x x x x x x x x x
x o o o x o o o
x x o x x x o x x
x x x x x x x x

x = wall or closed door
x = target square
o = affeced squares

If unsure which squares are affected because of multiple different possibilities for the last one or two ones, your opponent decides.

This may not be the official ruling, but the rule book is so vague and unclear (overall, not only grenades...) that we don't even feel like it's a house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJ Sino wrote:
DELTA2468 wrote:

o o o
o x o
o o o

This is the official rule, but regard that walls and closed doors can absorb some of the blast:
E.g.:
- = walls
------
o x o
------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.