Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to put multiple computers onto one blueprint. For example, can I have 2 Electron Computers for a combined +2? Or an Electron and a Positron Computer for +3? By this logic, if I had all 3, I would hit on everything but a 1. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

Quote:
With the Upgrade action, return as many Ship Part Tiles
to the Supply Board as you want. Then take up to two
tiles from the Supply Board and place them on any of the
squares on your Ship blueprints. When placing the tiles,
you may place the tiles on top of any of the printed starting
Ship Parts on your Ship blueprints.
The following restrictions apply:
• most Ship Parts (marked with the Technology symbol) re­quire
that you have researched the corresponding Technol­ogy (see Research on page 12) before they can be taken;
• the total Energy Consumption of the Ship’s parts may not
be higher than its total Energy Production; and
• Interceptors, Cruisers and Dreadnoughts must have a Drive, Starbases may not have a Drive.
Taking and returning Ship Parts costs nothing. All values from the Ship Parts are cumulative.
For exam­ple, if the Ship has two Fusion Drives, they will give it Move­ment Value 4, Initiative 4 and Energy Consumption 4.

So that seems correct, as long as you have enough power to run all those computers... while still having some decent weapons, and a hull that doesn't crack like an egg. Although in theory the computers will give you enough initiative that you'll always fire first anyway.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Touko Tahkokallio
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is very much allowed. You can place the ship parts pretty much anyway you want. The only restrctions are that you need to have enough energy and starbases may not have drives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Diachuk
msg tools
mbmbmb
(And, it should go without saying, non-starbase ships must have drives.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think that should go WITH saying. I hadn't remembered that rule on my first play and actually contemplated swapping out the drive for better armament in the last round of the game. I finally decided against it on logical reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
England
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Azorius Senate
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember having a cruiser with more computers than necessary to hit on 2+, the reason? To fire first devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found when upgrading ships, that often we could put upgrades in that, when ALL power required was totalled, was not enough to power everything.

At first we just said "ok, I did not move, that's one less power, and I only fired one of my weapons (instead of two), so I have enough power to do that". But now I'm guessing you are pretty much forced to upgrade you power first no matter what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
But now I'm guessing you are pretty much forced to upgrade you power first no matter what?

Yes. You are not allowed to place a Ship Part if there's not enough Energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
But now I'm guessing you are pretty much forced to upgrade you power first no matter what?

Or get upgrades that don't require much power, like missiles, shields, and hull. You can still do well that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.