Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
If taking two actions to place minions, I know they must go to different locations. If someone uses a potion to take a 3rd 'place minion' action, does that minion have to go to a different location than the previous 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rule is only one minion can be played in a district so the potion will not allow you to double up. The only exception would be the Rotted Cohort's ability which says "any".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states: "The player may not play more than 1 Minion in a single Location per turn."

It's still the same turn, so you can't play to a location where you've already played a minion -- unless a special ability overrides that rule. There's no indication on the Potion card that it would override this rule though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this limitation also apply to minions stolen with trinkets?

That is to say, if my first action was to play a minion to the Boneyard, can I use two trinkets to take control of an opposing minion in the Boneyard as my second action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Tonganoxie
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@greyweather: Interesting question. I would think PLACING a stolen minion might not be the same as PLAYING a minion. This might be a good question to place before the game's creator, John Clowdus. I would also think this could be a "house rule" if it were agreed to before beginning the game.

@Chris: What do you think about this opinion? Should we place this question before Chief Justice Roberts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stolen minion isn't played, it's already in play, it just switches owners/sides, so it wouldn't count as being "played."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.