Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife asked me to put together a list of some games she could include in a grant proposal. She wants them appropriate for teens and fitting into the theme "Own the Night." That theme is fairly vague, but she's trying to go in a monster-type direction. Some of the thoughts so far include Unnamed Object, King of Tokyo, Shadow Hunters, Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition, Zombie Dice, Zombies!!!, and Jungle Speed (more because it's just an awesome game for teens than because of its relation to the them). Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night On Earth? Seems fitting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fury of Dracula (second edition)
Ghost Stories
Nightfall
A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game
Arkham Horror
Elder Sign
Witch of Salem

Hope this helps!

Edit: The last three listed are all based in Cthulhu mythos. Also wanted to mention that Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is a superior game to Zombies!!!. Another good zombie game is Mall of Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll add that she wants games that are relatively quick, and not too complicated. Elder Sign and Ghost Stories might be good, but I think the others might be too much.

Keep 'em coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Neely
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not to plug another BGG member's own product, but Scott Nicholson has a relatively new book called "Everyone Plays At the Library" which is good at providing a good overview of gaming (along with suggestions and why they are good suggestions) for differing types of audiences, etc. You can check www.worldcat.org to see if there are any nearby libraries that have it, or I'm sure it can be ordered direct from an online shop. Trying to avoid specific names...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Bohnanza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.