• [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of new games... I think it would be Mansions of Madness or Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game.

I already commented on this thread earlier about many games and just now realized it's only about new games blush So I deleted the previous post. Teaches me to read more carefully and not being too hasty all the time laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora et Labora
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I like my town with a little drop of poison Nobody knows, they're lining up to go insane.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Ora et Labora

same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Shark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
dooz wrote:
indigopotter wrote:
Ora et Labora

same here

Same here too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora et Labora gets my vote also. Vanuatu gets a close second cause it's such a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the new Runewars extension or otherwise maybe a few acres of snow.. The threads did make me curious, just haven't had time to look into it yet..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New game? I'm gonna have to say Drum Roll, it is absolutely beautiful plus Lorna has good things to say. Second choice would be Ora et Labora because of Uwe.

If I could pick out a new to me game to play it would be A Castle for All Seasons which I just picked up in yet another auction. I can't help myself on the auctions these days. modest I just picked this up based on a recommendation from one of the ladies (who was that?) and it arrived tonight. Rough day at work and drama with a close friend set me over the edge today. Came home to a cosmo, homemade french onion soup and a package with A Castle for All Seasons. Today is suddenly better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:
New game? I'm gonna have to say Drum Roll, it is absolutely beautiful plus Lorna has good things to say. Second choice would be Ora et Labora because of Uwe.

If I could pick out a new to me game to play it would be A Castle for All Seasons which I just picked up in yet another auction. I can't help myself on the auctions these days. modest I just picked this up based on a recommendation from one of the ladies (who was that?) and it arrived tonight. Rough day at work and drama with a close friend set me over the edge today. Came home to a cosmo, homemade french onion soup and a package with A Castle for All Seasons. Today is suddenly better!

Nothing like opening up a new game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I have to cheat a bit and add another Guild is a new card game by the same designer of Kaigan and The major four of Heizei both good games if you ever come across the chance to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohmigosh! How can I pick only one?

Trajan sounds intriguing. I am a sucker for cool mechanics.

But what about

Seeland? Windmills and stuff...intriguing.

The Castles of Burgundy is another one that I keep hearing you all talking about and I would love to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I forgot about Trajan, I really want to play that.

Kathy, The Castles of Burgundy is one of my current favorites. So many options and decisions. I love that one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:
Ooh, I forgot about Trajan, I really want to play that.

Kathy, The Castles of Burgundy is one of my current favorites. So many options and decisions. I love that one!

It'll likely be awhile before I can justify adding a new game to my collection. I still have quite a few here that are unopened. It's killing me, too. But that will teach me not to buy so many at once. (Who am I kidding, it won't teach me a thing!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Wait, I have to pick one?
In order:
Ora et Labora

Vanuatu

Trajan

Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas

1989: Dawn of Freedom - not really "new" but waiting on it as one of my P500 games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this thread, very few of us could choose just one game.

Kathy,I'm in the same boat as you. I've purchased so many games in the past 3 months, that I have some serious playing I have to do before I can make any purchases. The problem is I say that but the reality is so very different!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy, I guess we'll have to start another thread called 'games I have to open and play before I can buy anymore!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
Sandy, I guess we'll have to start another thread called 'games I have to open and play before I can buy anymore!'
Every year one of my New Year's resolutions is to play more of my unplayed games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Gig Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know Kathy, I think I would be embarrassed to post the list of unplayed games in my collection.

One of these days I'm going to start a blog similar to Julie and Julia (this was a fave blog, book and movie for me). The goal: I have to play all unplayed games I own, rate them and add comments in 365 days. Whatever doesn't get played has to be auctioned, sold or traded.

If I had more people to game with, this would be a piece of cake! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy, that made me laugh! I think it would be a worthy endeavor and I think you should do it! I would love to follow your efforts via a blog or geeklist. I have only been into the hobby for less than a year and I started out commenting on my collection but I can see how easily it could get out of hand.

I only have my son and husband to game with and they are quite indulgent, thankfully. Actually, I think they enjoy it as much as I do. It's certainly cut out a lot of our TV time which is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:

I love A Castle for All Seasons! It plays very well 2-player, also.

What I really want to play is Power Grid: The First Sparks. I'm a sucker for all those wood bits. modest If only it would come out...

edit: Oh, and Last Will, too. I love the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started playing A Few Acres of Snow on Yucata and immediately fell in love with it. So much so that, when I saw this thread, I didn't think twice. My copy will be delivered tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poseidon's Kingdom

I love the Fragor games and used to buy them all as they came out. A few life curve balls have limited my ability to buy new games for now, but this is the main one I am bemoaning not being able to try and buy so far out of this years crop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Poseidon's Kingdom

I love the Fragor games and used to buy them all as they came out. A few life curve balls have limited my ability to buy new games for now, but this is the main one I am bemoaning not being able to try and buy so far out of this years crop.

Oh no! I had never even heard of this one before...now you've done it, Lynette! This looks so cute, and fun, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
Poseidon's Kingdom

Oh no! I had never even heard of this one before...now you've done it, Lynette! This looks so cute, and fun, too.

I know, right? I love Fragor games. I have a bunch of them. But I couldn't afford to get this year's or last year's and if you miss the initial printing be prepared to pay through the nose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.